Blisters
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blisters

Blisters

Obviously you will most like get blisters during boot, but I am curious about tips on how to avoid blisters on your feet, and tips on how to take care of them/ make them disappear quickly during boot or anywhere in the Corps.

For me, I never got blisters in boot camp or out in the fleet.
    I'm not even sure if there are any tips on how to "avoid" them. Some people get them and some people don't.
    And as far as making them disappear quickly in boot camp, I don't think that will happen.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Good socks

Good Boots that fit.

Dry Socks

Foot/Baby Powder/Moleskin

Keep toenails cut straight across with no hangnails or rough spots.

Your feet are your ride throughout your tour or career....humping,running walking.....Take care of them

Never had blisters in boot camp and had very few in the fleet.

Don't know how it is now....but in boot camp initial supply they asked me my foot size....the Pvt told them and they gave me a size bigger....the socks were heavy thick wool...so that helped not getting blisters.

When you hit the fleet and have to go to cash sales or whatever it is called now to buy your uniform items get good fitting boots in your proper size.

Also the same applies for running shoes for PT.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    For me, I never got blisters in boot camp or out in the fleet.
    I'm not even sure if there are any tips on how to "avoid" them. Some people get them and some people don't.
    And as far as making them disappear quickly in boot camp, I don't think that will happen.
    Well, you're still sh*tting out 3rd phase chow, PFC, so what do you know?

Just sayin

You will be issued cushioned sole socks for your boots. Wear them wrong side out and when you break in your boots, wear them into the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by DBenz21 View Post
    Obviously you will most like get blisters during boot, but I am curious about tips on how to avoid blisters on your feet, and tips on how to take care of them/ make them disappear quickly during boot or anywhere in the Corps.
    Sometimes there is no way around it, I got some from breaking in our dress shoes on the grinder.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I personally don't think there is a way to avoid it but there is however a way to avoid athlete's foot, which is what I got and it sucked ass!!! All the suggestions given from the others is what you can do to avoid getting athletes feet.

this may sound silly but walk around bare foot and get some good size callouses then just before (about a week) get a pedicure to have your nails clean and cut well (the worst time for your feet is the first month where you won't have lots of time to take care of those dogs) but make sure they don't take all the callous off, just smooth them out.

then you'll be practically impervious to blisters and you will have almost not problems with your feet.

oh and file your toe nails, don't clip them and you're more likely to get an ingrown toe-nail that way... after boot camp you can resume your normal clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post

Just sayin
    She's been out of the Marine Corps for like 50 years!

... now you opened a can of worms on your own BR... hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post

Just sayin
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    She's been out of the Marine Corps for like 50 years!
    If anyone bothered to look at my profile, they would see that I'm 44 years old and out of the Marine Corps 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    I personally don't think there is a way to avoid it but there is however a way to avoid athlete's foot, which is what I got and it sucked ass!!! All the suggestions given from the others is what you can do to avoid getting athletes feet.
    I hear you still have the yuck foot, but that's just word on the street.

When you get a chance someday; buy boots with a wide toe box or just a size wider than your normal fit using the Brannock device, feet blister easier when their tightly packaged and hot. Also select boots a skosh longer and fit them with a top quality firm insert i.e. Superfeet® Green. Trim it down (about 1/8 to 3/16 inch) so the insert slides fore and aft inside the boot instead of your foot sliding and heating up. More stability less abrasion fewer hot spots and blisters.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold
    ....before (about a week) get a pedicure to have your nails clean and cut well...
    aahheehehe, gay

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    If anyone bothered to look at my profile, they would see that I'm 44 years old and out of the Marine Corps 20 years.
    Relax, I was just f*cking with ya, Grand Ole Lady of the Marine Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Pre- boot camp strategy for blisters... it will work. Get you some combat boots, not ever broke in. Start running, working , hiking, and walking in them. Push out 10 - twenty miles at a fast pace. turn your feet to hamburger. Let heal. Repeat process. Callouses will develop where blisters formed. it will hurt like hell. better now than later. it will be unavoidable in boot otherwise. Atheletes foot remedy and prevention, **** on your feet. The ammonia and urea will kill fungus. i offer this as the voice of much experience. Callous up your feet by developing blisters. it will prepare you best as anything. Aside, very few have the determination and discipline to do this. i challenge you to condition yourself in this manner. Good luck and I hope you heed my admonishment. it will not fail you as others are *****ing and moaning all around you.

Thread Information