Worried!!!!!!!!!!
Create Post

Unhappy Worried!!!!!!!!!!

First off, I am really worried that I may not be able to join your Marine Corps because of a mistake I made!. The mistake I made was when I went to my recruiter and meps I failed to tell them of the trouble I got into as a juvenile. I had 3 charges, two misdemeanors and a felony. Well I did everything that was asked of and they discharged me from the care of the DJJ when I turned 19 and my probation officer told me that my record would be espunged or cleared and nobody would be able to find out, and I have never since then told a employer and it never showed up, until I came back from meps in miami. I know what I did was wrong when I was younger and when I failed to tell my recruiter and the people at meps, and I sincerly apologized to a Captain I spoke to over the phone, I also have got them all the arrest records, court documents, character statements, and all the documents they have asked for!. Now they have changed my ship out date like 5 times and I keep hearing we're just waiting for a Colonol or XO to ok it in Parris Island but its seems like its taking forever and i'm worried that they won't let me in. The Marines is something I've been wanting to do since I was 16 when I spoke to a recruiter, but I was in trouble at the time and couldn't sign up, but it is impossible to imagine how to tell you how much I want to be a Marine, after I swore in, I hadn't the biggest since of pride and the biggest smile that lasted for days, expect for the pride it is still there, but does anyone have some advice that may help me out. Thank you for reading this long message and God Bless!!!!

The only advice I can give at this point is for you to be patient. Since you have fessed up you need to wait for the results. Better to have done it now than have it found out later on.

I wish you luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead2be
    Now they have changed my ship out date like 5 times and I keep hearing we're just waiting for a Colonol or XO to ok it in Parris Island but its seems like its taking forever and i'm worried that they won't let me in.
    I'd be worried that they will know you by name BEFORE you hit the yellow foot prints...

Jarhead2be,

You did the right thing by coming clean...... now, just be patient.

I agree, you did the right thing, now let it run its course, I think SkilletsUSMC is right though, I would be more worried that the DI's know you before you get there. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead2be
    First off, I am really worried that I may not be able to join your Marine Corps because of a mistake I made!. The mistake I made was when I went to my recruiter and meps I failed to tell them of the trouble I got into as a juvenile. I had 3 charges, two misdemeanors and a felony. Well I did everything that was asked of and they discharged me from the care of the DJJ when I turned 19 and my probation officer told me that my record would be espunged or cleared and nobody would be able to find out, and I have never since then told a employer and it never showed up, until I came back from meps in miami. I know what I did was wrong when I was younger and when I failed to tell my recruiter and the people at meps, and I sincerly apologized to a Captain I spoke to over the phone, I also have got them all the arrest records, court documents, character statements, and all the documents they have asked for!. Now they have changed my ship out date like 5 times and I keep hearing we're just waiting for a Colonol or XO to ok it in Parris Island but its seems like its taking forever and i'm worried that they won't let me in. The Marines is something I've been wanting to do since I was 16 when I spoke to a recruiter, but I was in trouble at the time and couldn't sign up, but it is impossible to imagine how to tell you how much I want to be a Marine, after I swore in, I hadn't the biggest since of pride and the biggest smile that lasted for days, expect for the pride it is still there, but does anyone have some advice that may help me out. Thank you for reading this long message and God Bless!!!!
    just be patient, let the paperwork get to the people that sign it, you are going to do alot of hurry up and waiting in the military, and dont worry about the di's they can care less, they dont go through there recruits srb's

they might send u for an mp counsel because now u will be considered a liar, what a mp counsel basically is is u talk to a physciatrist and they eval u. u might have to wait 6 months to a year to try and enlist again tho.

Exclamation If you get by this one,

Play it straight from here on out. Anytime anyone asks you about your checkered past .. be upfront with them. You've got nothing to hide. Because I played it straight with the Corps ... the only record of my misdeeds (and I had a biggie) can be found on an old 3x5 card in the local police station. I have needed some pretty heady clearances since my time in the Corps and always gave it straight.

Besides .... it's easier to remember the truth. Good-Luck. let us know.

Thread Information