The Face of War ~ Exclusive to Leatherneck.com - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looks Great Cook

Ellie

Dead VC

Dead Viet Cong killed while trying to infiltrate the 2nd Battalion 11th Marines artillary command post area and the gear they were carrying.

1st Recond and their Tiger Hunt

It would be interesting to

find these Marines today and see what they recall about that day...

Sf

Cook

Awesome Pictures

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs up Motivating Pictures Marines!

Never seen some of these pictures. Thank you Marines for sharing them. Awesome pics Marines!

Semper Fi brothers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
    This is my picture -- L/Cpl Bob "Sandy" Sanville -- Can you tell where and how you obtained it? I've seen some of my pics here that I didn't bring home with me, and would love to get copies. Are only pics "released" obtainable? Or can I get contact prints of the whole roll. Would love to hear any info anyone can give me. jistemailme@yahoo.com

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=7

You may want to contact thedrifter she used to keep in contact with Cook (Sparrowhawk)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post

Dead Viet Cong killed while trying to infiltrate the 2nd Battalion 11th Marines artillary command post area and the gear they were carrying.
    Well....what a surprise to see this photo posted here....I can comment, corroborate this and have other photos.
    I was there....January 13, 1967 at Hill 35 fire base between Tam Ky and Chu Lai west of Hiway 1.
    My best friend Pat Calavan lost a leg during this attack which lasted from "02:23 that lasted to 07:00".
    I have copies of four letters of accommodation from Colonel Morris, BrigGen Stiles, Lt.Gen Walt and MagGen Nickerson for our 'performance' during this attack.

Later....carry on....

If you are looking for combat footage or stills, here's link to try first: http://www.archives.gov. National Archives is photo repository for all A-V stuff back to WWII. (Sidebar: original film of Iwo flag raising stolen; master copy only exists). I was combat cameraman in 'Nam. May have filmed some of you who were with A, B, D-1/9; 2/4; Lima, 3/4, and 2/26. Last duty station @ Quantico as film editor for Archives.

Semper fi, Marines

Thread Information