Does Everyone know there General Orders - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Same here i have been studying this info for a while and i have been on this site sudying the bootcamp guide and now im ready for my ship date!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    Im just gonna wait til about a month before i leave before i start memorizing knowledge stuff. Im alot more worried about being ready physically
    I came into the DEP skinny and weak as hell. But now I'm really strong and I know all my knowledge. You will be forced to learn many many things in the Corps and at Boot camp. Best start learning how to multi-learn now

I found MP3s online of someone slowly speaking a lot of knowledge topics: general orders, leadership traits, leadership principles, etc.

I just played one at a time on infinite repeat in the car or on my iPod until I could recite it from memory without the recording. Might as well make good use of the time sitting in the car or on the subway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pylon View Post
    I found MP3s online of someone slowly speaking a lot of knowledge topics: general orders, leadership traits, leadership principles, etc.

I just played one at a time on infinite repeat in the car or on my iPod until I could recite it from memory without the recording. Might as well make good use of the time sitting in the car or on the subway.
    can you give me the link to that

the general orders are easy and learning the enlisted ranks were easy to i can them at the drop of a hat

Quote Originally Posted by crodgers4101 View Post
    can you give me the link to that
    I typed "General Orders MP3" into Google and the very first result was the MP3 I started with. May I suggest you read "A Message to Garcia"?

I used my own iPod and recorded a voice memo of ME reciting the 11 general orders (while reading them from the book). Then, For about a week and a half, I would play it all the time... while driving my car, on the stereo when doing stuff around the house (and nobody else was home), on some headphones as I was falling asleep.... It would automatically play and then repeat itself at the end.

After the first day or so, I started trying to verbally say them out loud along with my own recording. If I messed up, I had to wait till it started over to try again. And if I screwed up again, I had to wait again. I would just try to remember what I screwed up each time and try NOT to screw it up the following time.

And as for remembering which general order is which number, I tried coming up with little rules or hints for each one in regards to the NUMBER of the rule. Some examples:

General Order #4: I think of the number four, I think of somebody screaming FOOOOUR in a golf game... shouting.... shouting at others.... ah! Relaying messages to people far away!
    General Order #5: I think of the number five, I think about the fact that many people work a "nine-to-five" job. And what do they do at FIVE? They quit! Quitting my my post!

You get the idea.

Credits
    Savings
    You guys forgot General Order 12&13

12. To walk my post flank to flank, take no sh*t from any rank.
    13. Walk my post round and round, f*ck this sh*t I'm sitting down.

Recruiter told me that one.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by shadox View Post
    You guys forgot General Order 12&13

12. To walk my post flank to flank, take no sh*t from any rank.
    13. Walk my post round and round, f*ck this sh*t I'm sitting down.

Recruiter told me that one.
    Lol havent heard the 13th one. My recruiters said the 12th on the last pool function

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just to clear it up. If you dont know them dont worry. I went into Boot not knowing any of them. Did fine, youll get plenty of time to learn them their. And Im sure it hasent changed, just graduated Feb 11th Insane India.

NO I DON'T KNOW MY GENERAL ORDERS AND EVERY TIME I SEE THIS THREAD I WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT. or shoot you in the foot either way works..

The M16A2 Rifle:
    Nomenclature – The M16A2 is a lightweight, gas–operated, air–cooled, magazine–fed, shoulder–fired weapons that can be fired either in automatic, three–round bursts, or semiautomatic single shots.

Manufacturer: Colt Manufacturing and Fabrique Nationale Manufacturing Inc.
    Length: 39.63 inches (100.66 centimeters)
    Weight, with 30 round magazine: 8.79 pounds (3.99 kilograms)
    Bore diameter: 5.56mm (.233 inches)
    Maximum effective range:
    Area target: 2,624.8 feet (800 meters)
    Point target: 1,804.5 feet (550 meters)
    Maximum Range – 3534 meters
    Muzzle velocity: 2,800 feet (853 meters) per second
    Chamber Pressure – 52,000 psi
    Rate of fire:
    Cyclic: 800 rounds per minute
    Sustained: 12–15 rounds per minute
    Semiautomatic: 45 rounds per minute
    Burst: 90 rounds per minute
    Magazine capacity: 30 rounds
    Unit Replacement Cost: $586
    Type of Grenade Launcher – M203
    Type of Bayonet – M7

Yes. I know them.

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    This poolee has memorized his 11 General Orders, Rifle Creed, Enlisted Ranks, Officer Ranks, General Ranks, Leadership Traits and Principles, Military Code of Conduct Articles one through six, first verse of Marine Corps Hymn. Yet this poolee has yet to learn............MANY MORE THINGS TO COME!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrrySkoal View Post
    The M16A2 Rifle:
    Nomenclature – The M16A2 is a lightweight, gas–operated, air–cooled, magazine–fed, shoulder–fired weapons that can be fired either in automatic, three–round bursts, or semiautomatic single shots.

Manufacturer: Colt Manufacturing and Fabrique Nationale Manufacturing Inc.
    Length: 39.63 inches (100.66 centimeters)
    Weight, with 30 round magazine: 8.79 pounds (3.99 kilograms)
    Bore diameter: 5.56mm (.233 inches)
    Maximum effective range:
    Area target: 2,624.8 feet (800 meters)
    Point target: 1,804.5 feet (550 meters)
    Maximum Range – 3534 meters
    Muzzle velocity: 2,800 feet (853 meters) per second
    Chamber Pressure – 52,000 psi
    Rate of fire:
    Cyclic: 800 rounds per minute
    Sustained: 12–15 rounds per minute
    Semiautomatic: 45 rounds per minute
    Burst: 90 rounds per minute