Hepatitis C as a Presumed Service Connection for Military - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2599108 View Post
    I,m currently at week 13 with treatment.Unable to work or even take the Harley down the street.Side effects are wicked.Lab work shows possitive improvement.I,ll be glad to get back to some sense of normal.Thanks for everyone info!!!!!! Semper Fi!!!!!
    That's good news as I've read that at 13 weeks you should see improvement if your going to see any at all. I've read that most people that quit do so around 15 weeks after seeing no improvement. Hang with it my friend and keep us informed. Your in my prayers.

Thanks, Jamie.I need all the encouragement I can get.Not easy ,but I,m going to kick this thing. Semper Fi!!!!!!!!!! L/cpl Whitaker

Took a little over 2 yrs. to show "0" on my tests. Still in remission. Fellow patients when I was at the VA out of 6 of us....4 quit due to the side effects. Hated to see that, but I was in it for myself, not them. Mind over matter and I ain't got much mind left.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA HITMAN View Post
    Took a little over 2 yrs. to show "0" on my tests. Still in remission. Fellow patients when I was at the VA out of 6 of us....4 quit due to the side effects. Hated to see that, but I was in it for myself, not them. Mind over matter and I ain't got much mind left.
    Hitman,I,m glad to hear you made it.That gives me hope need to stay positive.Stay in touch.L/cpl Whitaker

I,m currently at week 13 with treatment.Unable to work or even take the Harley down the street.Side effects are wicked.Lab work shows possitive improvement.I,ll be glad to get back to some sense of normal.Thanks for everyone info!!!!!! Semper Fi!!!!!
    Hey brother,

Do the doctors have you on the Peg-interferon, Riboviron and protease inhibitor regime, all three meds?

Thanks for putting up a good fight from the heart instead of the head. Hang in there, its worth it.

Semper Fi,
    Ted

Hey Ted! I am on Pegasys,and Ribuvirin.I just got back from the Gainsville VA.They wanted to start me onProcrit.I said "NO" ,I wanted to wait for another lab result before taking a cancer causing agent.Maybe can reduce Ribuvirin to stimulate blood cells.Tomorrow take shot 14 of 26.Will keep you updated as the results come in .Thanks!! Semper Fi,L/CPL Whitaker

Prayers to you Brother. I had such a horrible experience with shot number 1 that I stopped altogether. But there are other ways. I have not had a problem with my liver in nine years - I met a doctor who uses Vitamin C in massive doses to fight infections like this, and worked for me very well. Of course, prayers are the best answer in my humble opinion. I have you on my prayer list. Semper Fi, Tom

Thanks Tom,Prayer is always the strongest medicine.Things have a way of taking the right course when prayer is on your side. I,m sure every thing will be alright just having rough times ,but they too will pass. Thanks again. Semper Fi!!!!!! L/Cpl Whitaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tedster View Post
    Hey brother,

Do the doctors have you on the Peg-interferon, Riboviron and protease inhibitor regime, all three meds?

Thanks for putting up a good fight from the heart instead of the head. Hang in there, its worth it.

Semper Fi,
    Ted
    Did all these plus ProCrit....The 3x's a week shots were bad enough, but weekends were the worst. 1 shot for red blood cells on saturday/1 shot for white cells on Sunday...felt like the worst hangover...Ever. Got thru it and am still on my wifes nerves.

Hey Hitman,I don,t want to do the procrit or thrneupogen,unless absolutly nessary.Doc says she recomends it but I want to wait for one more blood test.I am taking more meds now than my Mom and Dad together,and they are in there mid 80,s.If the next lab results still show a drop I,ll do it .I,m praying for the best.Thanks,L/CPL Whitaker

Hey Hitman,I don,t want to do the procrit or thrneupogen,unless absolutly nessary.Doc says she recomends it but I want to wait for one more blood test.I am taking more meds now than my Mom and Dad together,and they are in there mid 80,s.If the next lab results still show a drop I,ll do it .I,m praying for the best.Thanks,L/CPL Whitaker
    The least amount of meds the better for sure.

Ask what your vitamin B-12 level is. B-12 helps in the production of red blood cells.

Also, try eating liver to aid in red cell counts.

Hang in there brother.

Ted Pietz

The VVA passed my resolution that the VA should test veterans for HCV.

This is a small step but a step none the less.

We need to plug away and sooner or later all or our brothers in arms will get the help they need.

Later,
    Ted

Thanks Ted, I appricate all the good advice I can get.Pardon my spelling ,my hands are shaking and makes it difficult to type .Can,t read my own
    hand writing ,now.

Thanks Ted, I appricate all the good advice I can get.Pardon my spelling ,my hands are shaking and makes it difficult to type .Can,t read my own
    hand writing ,now.
    No problem, my reading is a little shaky anyway!

If you have Parkinson's know that it is a presumptive disease under VA rules as exposure to agent orange. File a claim if so.

Ted

Not Parkinson,but side effects of treatment.I will keep that in my for future if needed.Thanks Ted .Have agreat day. L/cpl Whitaker

Thread Information