Bootcamp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bootcamp

Bootcamp

Hello Marines. I was wondering if there was anything in Bootcamp that took you by shock? Something that no one told you about. Was there something you wished you would have known befor you went?

I thought the purpose of the "Ask A Marine" forum was to allow those who are aspiring to join the Marine Corps the chance to ask questions regarding this career choice.........
    I just don't see how asking a Marine what shocked them about boot camp and if there was something that they wished they knew before they went to boot camp......has anything to do with their career choice in joining the Marine Corps.

I wish I knew the Marine Corps definition of "games", I was shocked when I found out

I was shocked when I found out the shoes we ran with were camouflaged. I thought that was the coolest thing.

Shortly after arriving at boot camp, NOTHING will shock you. That's a sure-fire thing. Some points at boot camp I remember thinking "This has to be some kind of Montey Python hidden camera joke." If you're lucky, you'll see what I mean. Bored Drill Instructors are the LAST thing you ever want to encounter...

The most shocking part of boot camp were the Drill Instructors.... there's just no way to prepare for the wrath of those angry creatures.

For me it was Close Order Drill and getting dressed "by the numbers" while on line (put on you left sock now....5,4,3,2 and you're done! Oh..you want to move slow, huh? Take off your left sock now!......). I wasn't warned about either.

Going through Boot Camp was just as I had expected. The biggest shock of my young life.

Quote Originally Posted by psyclopsus View Post
    Shortly after arriving at boot camp, NOTHING will shock you. That's a sure-fire thing. Some points at boot camp I remember thinking "This has to be some kind of Montey Python hidden camera joke." If you're lucky, you'll see what I mean. Bored Drill Instructors are the LAST thing you ever want to encounter...
    There is no such animal as a bored Drill Instructor. They do not have time in their very long day to become bored when they are busy shaping worms into becoming Marines.

Field day did not mean what I thought it did.
    There was no parachute, I was crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Field day did not mean what I thought it did.
    There was no parachute, I was crushed.

HAHA, when they said "were going to play games" I though ohh yeah! We finally get to have fun! I was sorely disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkins91 View Post
    Hello Marines. I was wondering if there was anything in Bootcamp that took you by shock? Something that no one told you about. Was there something you wished you would have known befor you went?
    If someone did tell you something it would be totally different anyway each DI has his own way of dealing with the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by fjmas1976 View Post
    ...getting dressed "by the numbers" while on line (put on you left sock now....5,4,3,2 and you're done! Oh..you want to move slow, huh? Take off your left sock now!...
    I got one better... How about wiping by the numbers? That was always a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by hbarcus View Post
    I got one better... How about wiping by the numbers? That was always a fun game.
    Haha, some of those games almost made me bust up laughing.

Shaving by the numbers was also great. Guys with bloody faces running around the squad bay.

I was excited when one d.i. said we were going to make sugar cookies before we went to the pool. I was so happy, cookies and a pool to relax and cool off. Come to find out it wasnt what I thought.

Thread Information