MOS-Combat Support?(CE)? help please
Create Post

Red face MOS-Combat Support?(CE)? help please

Hey guys Iam recruit Hubbard and i have worked very hard to get into the DEP for the Corps as it is i had a very serious Moral waiver and have had to prove myself many times to a Major in the 6th marine recruiting district and to a Ssgt(my recruiter)

But iam finially in and I could never be happier!

Iam leaving to MCRD Parris Island on aug 18th very soon with a larg group of buddies (6 total) in joint buddie contracts.

I origionally was going to go Open Contract because of the limit of jobs my waiver allows me to qual. for but my SSsgt got me a spot for Combat Support (CE)from what i understand its called Combat eng.

I really want to be out in the fleet and be a grunt and he said inf. was all full and this is the closest thing to it and your a tad bit safer..more like a 2nd line of def.

BUT its called combat eng?
    i dont want to build stuff and be a construction worker i have done that and i didnt have a great time(dry wall and brick mas)

I thought Combat Support (CE) would be more like using havey machine guns, artillery, demo, tanks and such...ive read a little of what i can find can someone from this MOS please explain to me what Iam getting into?

This is what i think i want out of (CE) can someone explain?
    Division Combat Engineer

Thank you!
    -Steven

You can always go open contract buddy. MCRD has jobs available that the RS does not because of MCRD attrition. With your circumstane too, it might be best. I put in a kid once who was in the same boat as you, only qualified for a few jobs because of a morale waiver and he wanted artillery. No joke when he graduted MCRD he got artillery. Not saying you will get infantry, but you never know. I would ask your recruiter to look at the MOS manula and find out more about what CE contract jobs do. Kepp in mind if you go open contract you CAN swith your MOS after 2 years, with CE you have to wait till 3 years.

MARINES- Do NOT tell this young man to tell his recruiter that he wont ship unless...buisness. It wont happen with this young man because of his waivers. He is just lucky to be in the Corps and they wont do that with him because of the waivers.. Im sure he has a set date to go to MCRD and he HAS TO GO on that date.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF0percent View Post
    ...i dont want to build stuff and be a construction worker i have done that and i didnt have a great time....
    aawww so building and creating is hard and you would rather destroy sh*t huh, much easier. Fill a profile

--->Dave

Thank you but i pretty much already have been given this MOS that i found out after PT today. I am very glad to have a designated MOS and not to be open contract any more so i dont have to worry about being a cook or admin.I also chose this ship date because i have a large amount of HS buddies going then so we all signed joint buddie program papers.

Iam thrilled about becoming a Marine and proving that i am better then i once was and this oppertunity my recruiters and chain of command have given me.

I am keeping the job because i only have 19 days left before i ship so i dont want to cause more stress on my recruiters and iam not telling them iam not shipping because for me this is a once in a life time opp. for me.

...what iam asking is...

can someone please descirbe my MOS a little better?
    Division Combat Engineer (combat support)..i just dont really get it am i going to be a builder or from what i thought a marine working with artillery and heavy weapons along side of grunts and supporting them in the means of DEMO, ARTILLARY, TANK, AMPHIB VEHICALS and MANPOWER...

Thank You

You need to fill out the profile and read the rules of the site.
    You are a Poolee, not a recruit. You're not a recruit until you hit the yellow footprints.

okay i filled out the profile. and thats fine about the yellow footprints thats not what iam conserned about...can someone please answer my question about the MOS (CE) combat eng.Division Combat Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by SPF0percent View Post
    Thank you but i pretty much already have been given this MOS that i found out after PT today. I am very glad to have a designated MOS and not to be open contract any more so i dont have to worry about being a cook or admin.I also chose this ship date because i have a large amount of HS buddies going then so we all signed joint buddie program papers.

Iam thrilled about becoming a Marine and proving that i am better then i once was and this oppertunity my recruiters and chain of command have given me.

I am keeping the job because i only have 19 days left before i ship so i dont want to cause more stress on my recruiters and iam not telling them iam not shipping because for me this is a once in a life time opp. for me.

...what iam asking is...

can someone please descirbe my MOS a little better?
    Division Combat Engineer (combat support)..i just dont really get it am i going to be a builder or from what i thought a marine working with artillery and heavy weapons along side of grunts and supporting them in the means of DEMO, ARTILLARY, TANK, AMPHIB VEHICALS and MANPOWER...

Thank You
    They would not make you a cook, the Corps is trying to phase out cooks. If you were to go Open contract they wopuld place you based on your scores and the needs of the Corps. so if you dont have the CL to be admin, THERE iS NO WAY YOU WOULD GET ADMIN. Bottom line is this...If you like the MOS fine, go for it. If your not sure then go open because with open contract you can switch your MOS after 2years. Best bet is to go to your recruiter and ask to see an MOS manual. ALL RSSs have them and its no trouble for a recruiter to let you look at it. Best of luck Poolee.

O...And congratulations on getting everything approved and taking the first step towards becoming a Marine.

thank you guys.. i have already signed my papers and been given this mos so their is no turning back..and i have seen the manual when i 1st started trying to attempt to join the corps back in feb of 08 and that what made me pick Combat support in the 1st place my recruiter said its almost the second line of deffence..but it came back today approved for Combat eng(CE) which he said IS combat support..soo idk..i did some searching on here and i found this it explains alot of things to me..if anyone has anything to add let me know iam still very intrested and low on time..lol ty

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27867

Thread Information