Marine Corps Buddy Program? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member ChaseB2010's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Just a question? How would I be two-faced? All I'm saying is, my recruiter signed me up with a kid from my school. We have a different MOS and I know very good and well we will not see eachother through MCT or MOS school, that doesn't bother me one bit. I'm just saying that should I just go through boot-camp by myself with no strings attached to anybody. The person I'm going with is just a kid I go to school with, not any life-long buddy of anything. So I think I wouldn't be two-faced at all because I'm not lieing to the guy at all, I'm just asking a question on this site to maybe get some answers as to what is like going through the buddy-program. If I don't like what people will say I will tell the guy I am going to try and have my date changed because I want to go alone. All and all it will be my Marine Corps career, I don't need anyone to hold my hand through it.

What's the big deal with going to boot camp with someone you go to school with? It's not like you're going to be holding each others hands throughout boot camp. Chances are you could be in different platoons.
    If you're worried about getting yelled at, quarterdecked or made fun of, that should be the least of your worries. The Drill Instructors are going to yell at you, quarterdeck you and make fun of you no matter what.
    If you're giving up on going to boot camp on the buddy system with a high school friend, you're probably going to give up on the person next to you God forbid you're in the middle of a combat zone.
    You're recruiter probably won't be a happy camper if you choose to opt out of the buddy program. Get over it and go to boot camp when you're supposed to. In my opinion, you're making a bid deal out of nothing.

Do you like this guy? You could be with him for more than 3 months...your entire enlistment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseB2010 View Post
    Just a question? How would I be two-faced? All I'm saying is, my recruiter signed me up with a kid from my school. We have a different MOS and I know very good and well we will not see eachother through MCT or MOS school, that doesn't bother me one bit. I'm just saying that should I just go through boot-camp by myself with no strings attached to anybody. The person I'm going with is just a kid I go to school with, not any life-long buddy of anything. So I think I wouldn't be two-faced at all because I'm not lieing to the guy at all, I'm just asking a question on this site to maybe get some answers as to what is like going through the buddy-program. If I don't like what people will say I will tell the guy I am going to try and have my date changed because I want to go alone. All and all it will be my Marine Corps career, I don't need anyone to hold my hand through it.
    The buddy program is designed for bootcamp. Not your carreer. And if you don't have the balls to tell him that you would rather not go through bootcamp on the buddy program, then you are being two faced if you go through your recruiter and get your ship date moved.

Maybe the other kid wants to go with somebody he knows. I have an idea....stop being a vag. Go to boot camp with him....I guarantee that in 20 years you'll be better friends with this kid than any of your other friends you have now who will probably turn out to be college drop outs/druggies anyway (Trust me it will happen). If you survive recruit training you will know what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with having somebody to "hold your hand your whole career".

I might be wrong but I honestly believe that you don't want to go to Bootcamp with him because your scared the Drill Instructor's are going to make fun of you two......how cute.

Was the OP drunk when he posted this?

All recruits are tools, save your toolery for when you step on the yellow footprints.

You might get lucky and the drill instructors will single you out and make you and your buddy hold hands in formation while sucking your thumbs.

The buddy program will have no bearing on your career; you're most likely going to b1tch/complain/whine about something to your buddy, or the firewatch or your rackmate while you're onboard the Depot. You think the whole platoon isn't going to trust you because you and your buddy have some agenda or are helping each other out?

You'll eventually learn to move, act and think as a cohesive unit. Yeah, that sounds like getting your hand held as you execute your mission successfully as a platoon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    The buddy program is designed for bootcamp. Not your carreer. And if you don't have the balls to tell him that you would rather not go through bootcamp on the buddy program, then you are being two faced if you go through your recruiter and get your ship date moved.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines- 20.5 Points for years of wisdom, and saltyness, and being one Badass Marine.

ChaseB2010- -0.1000 Points, for being a know it all, and questioning the Gunny.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    You might get lucky and the drill instructors will single you out and make you and your buddy hold hands in formation while sucking your thumbs.

Once they see the hole in his ear from wearing ear rings they will probably make him the platoon biotch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    Once they see the hole in his ear from wearing ear rings they will probably make him the platoon biotch anyway.
    I have a feeling he'll be in charge of securing the small gear locker... from the inside.

Credits
    Savings
    Actually to be dead honest the reason I want to go alone is because if I become on the open slot shipper than I have a chance at leaving for bootcamp earlier. As of now I have to leave in August. Which means I have to sit around Texas for 3 months waiting for my date to go to bootcamp. If I get out of the buddy program and if somebody in front of me falls out of the DEP then I take their place. If I'm in the buddy program I leave when he leaves. And no disrespect at all but I'm not "giving up" on anything. How is me not wanting to do a buddy program "giving up?" Sorry if I want to leave to bootcamp as early as possible. And IMO I know my ass is going to be yelled at all day long everyday while i'm in boot camp, I would rather not be the guy who had to have his friend come with him and hold his hand. I've heard stories from all of my family and friends who are Marines.

Went in on the buddy system at PI they placed us in alphabet order so my name started with a B my buddy was a W so we were at opposite end's of the squade bay, after ITR
    we went to Camp Pendletion that was the last we were together he went to one base camp I went to another. He was a truck driver Iwas 0341 and I still had the best duty.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    Went in on the buddy system at PI they placed us in alphabet order so my name started with a B my buddy was a W so we were at opposite end's of the squade bay, after ITR
    we went to Camp Pendletion that was the last we were together he went to one base camp I went to another. He was a truck driver Iwas 0341 and I still had the best duty.
    Awesome. How was it through the initial recruit training?

We had no problems that amounted to anything, You just do what you are told to when you are told.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseB2010 View Post
    Actually to be dead honest the reason I want to go alone is because if I become on the open slot shipper than I have a chance at leaving for bootcamp earlier. As of now I have to leave in August. Which means I have to sit around Texas for 3 months waiting for my date to go to bootcamp. If I get out of the buddy program and if somebody in front of me falls out of the DEP then I take their place. If I'm in the buddy program I leave when he leaves. And no disrespect at all but I'm not "giving up" on anything. How is me not wanting to do a buddy program "giving up?" Sorry if I want to leave to bootcamp as early as possible. And IMO I know my ass is going to be yelled at all day long everyday while i'm in boot camp, I would rather not be the guy who had to have his friend come with him and hold his hand. I've heard stories from all of my family and friends who are Marines.
    Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

The last two lines of your statement are BS.

Man, this ChaseB2010 kid is pretty popular here.

Thread Information