Combat Weapon Choice - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    What Arty? You skipped right over lance colonel and became an NCO?
    They said I was too good to be an officer. I did the rank structure backwards. Only made it back to Sergeant though. It was those darn Marines camping out at the bottom. Corporal just wouldn't open up.

You could always try for lance colonel.
    The next billet I plan on holding is "Lance Corporal of the Marine Corps."

A buddy of mine was the PFCIC for awhile.. Then he became a LCpl. That turd, PFCIC is clearly the one who runs the show, not the boot LCpls...

When I joined the corps. we used sticks! TWO sticks and a rock, for the whole platoon! Be glad you have these fancy guns to shoot at the bad guys with.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Hey Cpl. Achped maybe you would like to identify some of these "turd units" so that proper steps can be taken to improve their combat readiness. Maybe you should go to these units and teach them what it is like to be in a real Marine Corps unit. You are full of opinions and stupid comments, try keeping them to the Marine only threads so you don't poison these poolee's with your ridiculous statements.
    You want me to sugar coat things for the poolees? Oh great, that's how we get motivated Marines. They hit the fleet and their first taste of life is mowing grass and painting rocks. But they were all worried about what weapons they'd be using during MOUT as a poolee!! LOL!

If you're going into combat and you give the big heavy squad automatic weapon to the boot who doesn't know how to use it, just because he's a boot and you don't want to carry it. That is turd-like. And if you don't think so I'm glad you were never in Iraq with me. Ironically even Pete said the same thing I did. But whatever, just because I said it I'm wrong.

Have a great day bro!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In 68 having ROTC before PI meant a ass kicking.
    Like the part Lance General wish I had gone that route.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    You want me to sugar coat things for the poolees? Oh great, that's how we get motivated Marines. They hit the fleet and their first taste of life is mowing grass and painting rocks. But they were all worried about what weapons they'd be using during MOUT as a poolee!! LOL!

If you're going into combat and you give the big heavy squad automatic weapon to the boot who doesn't know how to use it, just because he's a boot and you don't want to carry it. That is turd-like. And if you don't think so I'm glad you were never in Iraq with me. Ironically even Pete said the same thing I did. But whatever, just because I said it I'm wrong.

Have a great day bro!
    Quit being a b!tch.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtyOps View Post
    I had an M4 and an M9.
    Nice looking Weapon you got there sir.

Have a great day bro!
    Quit being a b!tch. I've met many Marines like you. You didn't expect to have to work when you came in the Marine Corps and now you're ****ed. You're getting a pay check so if you have to stand duty when you come off of leave, go to the field, paint a rock or mow the lawn, thats what you have to do. The Marine Corps is paying you, what's the big deal? If your recruiter told you that all you would have to do is only the job you enlisted for then next time I was home I would go and knock his azz out. Other than thet stop playing the victim. Man up, grow a set of balls and get your azz to work.

BTW, It's not what you said that was wrong. You were just asked to identify the "turd" units.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The most deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his Rifle!
    I would not be worried which weapon you receive, you still will be a trained "Liberator"

And what weapons do Security Force Marines use,since that is what i want to do.
    Don't we all.....*cough*

Credits
    Savings

Have a great day bro!
    Pete made an intelligent comment about who he would give each weapon to, you made a stupid comment about other Marine Corps units. Those are two totally different things, why don't you try growing up a little. As for your comment about me serving with you in Iraq, believe me the feeling is mutual. I wouldn't want to serve in a combat zone with a sh*tbird like you who makes diparaging comments about other Marine units that probably support and supplement your own operations. Maybe you should PM some of the other active duty NCO's and they could clue you into how to properly conduct yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by C BAKER View Post
    Nice looking Weapon you got there sir.
    Are you coming on to the Sgt?

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    We never got a bayonet in boot camp, probably for suicidal reasons. The first time I touched a bayonet was during a deployment to Iraq.

I got a bayonet at every duty station I was at but MWSS 273

Nahh they give you generals stars as soon as you graduate boot camp. Heck they might make you general of the armies after your first year. You can stand right beside Eisenhower, Pershing, Washington. The commandant himself will come and pin them on. General Pace will assist in the pinning.

Please look up the jillion posts on OCS. It might clear some things up for you. You could always try for lance colonel.
    That is funny......just like looking for the keys for the hummer and looking for the batterys for the kimlights.......

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    We weren't issued a bayonet in bootcamp but we used their practice (junk bayonets) during bayonet training, remember yelling your war cry and having to stab the fake enemy and running the course? Wore me out.
    Since this thread is good an' hijacked already: That was sorta like pugil sticks, looked pretty easy until you get in there in that knee-deep sand! On the subject of bootcamp bayonets, I've seen a lot of platoon photos from boot, but my platoon photo is the only one I've seen so far with rifles, with bayonets fixed at that. Anyone else ever seen any others?

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Pete made an intelligent comment about who he would give each weapon to, you made a stupid comment about other Marine Corps units. Those are two totally different things, why don't you try growing up a little. As for your comment about me serving with you in Iraq, believe me the feeling is mutual. I wouldn't want to serve in a combat zone with a sh*tbird like you who makes diparaging comments about other Marine units that probably support and supplement your own operations. Maybe you should PM some of the other active duty NCO's and they could clue you into how to properly conduct yourself.
    I don't think there are any 'turd' units out there, just sh!tty leaders. In a general context, I do have to agree with Achped. The best Marine for the job should be designated to hold the billet regardless of rank in most cases. It is bad leadership to pawn all the difficult tasks onto the lowest ranking Marine. Give the weapon the Marine who is the strongest and most proficient with it, whether it be an NCO or PFC. Rah?

Thread Information