Top Secret Security Clearance - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeab84 View Post
    IDK..I just wanted to take this opportunity to say DONT GO WITHIN 100 FEET OF A PSYCHOLOGIST! These "doctors" sole duty is to find any reason to sell you drugs. That's it. They're the reason why are generation can't take a **** without having an anxiety attack.
    Nah. Psychologist are there for solely therapeutic reasons. They want to talk you through your problems. It's the psychiatrists that you've gotta watch out for, as they're the ones actually licensed to give you drugs.

But if your psychologist refers you to a psychiatrist, just say no thanks, I'd rather not.

Good point, Hologram. Im actually big on the idea that mental health is more important than any other aspect. If you can't get yourself up to live day to day, all the physical fitness in the world won't help you at all

I was kind of being ignorant and generalizing based on watching some capable people psyche themselves into thinking nothing is possible. I read an article in newsweek on how many professionals in the field are in the pocket of pharmaceutical companies OPENLY. When this happens, the only difference between them and a drug dealer is a drug dealer doesn't pretend he's anything else. They do a disservice to the field, and the doctors who are trying to help, and turn ppl who need medication off to it...

I say all this, b/c I read what this wannabe had to say, and he seems like he has a strong will. I would hate to see someone ruin their shot at trying to earn the title b/c a doctor wanted to dope him up instead of talking through his problems.

Thread Information