Battalion Level
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battalion Level

Battalion Level

I am an 0151 Admin (i know biggest POG MOS in the Corps) i was suppose to be Arty but its a long story and dot feel like typing it. I am coming up on reenlisting here in the next year (FY 12). I wanted to LAT move into Tanks, Grunt or Arty but the wife likes me being admin () So like a good husband that i am we came to a compromise. That i would stay Admin () but i will try and go to battlion level. Does anyone have insite on admin at that level? i heard admin will be used as machine gunners when deployed and be out doing grunts things like going to the feild, up on the 50 cal for convoys etc etc.. Can anyone help me out?! I want to do REAL MARINE things not a desk jockey!!

Thanks for your help.

Anybody can shoot a gun...only a REAL MARINE can type 60 wpm!! (;

lol MGySgt, admin is just so boring! no thrill and we NEVER train as Marines should. i'm losing my mind!

You could work in S-1, but it's not like they patrol or anything. It's not their job. I couldn't really tell you what they do since the only time I've ever seen any of them is when I checked in.
    You're best bet would be to try and convince your wife haha, good luck.

What about a lat move to something like Intel?

thats where i would go would be the S-1. i talked to my LCpl, his brother is a battlion level admin in Afgan and said he hasnt done any admin work since he has been there he has been out patrolling and getting knee deep in the ****, i just wanna have it confirmed on here. thanks for the luck trust me its a daily up hill battle i always get so close. She was all about the tanks but then changed her mind!!! she doesnt understand my want to be in a combat MOS. When ppl think of the Corps they think Combat Warriors not desk jockeys!!

i thought about intel, maybe i'll have to look more into it. I see that you were intel Sgt. Could you tell me some things about that MOS?

If you hit the 'Ask a Marine' section, there is a sticky there that gives a GREAT breakdown of what Intel does nowadays. I'm afraid my info would be rather dated. You can also do a search 'site-wide' for both "Intelligence" and "0231", that'll bring up all sorts of information.

Just go ua, all the cool cats do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Zekey View Post
    thats where i would go would be the S-1. i talked to my LCpl, his brother is a battlion level admin in Afgan and said he hasnt done any admin work since he has been there he has been out patrolling and getting knee deep in the ****, i just wanna have it confirmed on here. thanks for the luck trust me its a daily up hill battle i always get so close. She was all about the tanks but then changed her mind!!! she doesnt understand my want to be in a combat MOS. When ppl think of the Corps they think Combat Warriors not desk jockeys!!
    Most real Marines do not give a sh!t what ppl think of the Corps. Most ppl do not have a clue of what goes on in the Corps, including some Marines.

A Corparal asking this question??? Lol I guess infantry wasn't available huh??? yeah right

I don't know what unit the lance was in, but he must have been patroling to the chow hall or something because no admin patroled where I was, at least I didn't see it. They leave that up to the grunts, it's kinda their job.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    What type of unit are you in now....that has 0151 MOS on the company level?

Are you with a division or a MCB?

My reason for asking is that when I was in although I was a grunt....our company admin section....clerks,training,CO/1st Sgt....gopher were all grunts or in the 03XX field.

Some were sick/medical hold....some could half way type...or type and filed all reports for battalion and went and got mail...supplies...reports/UD and anything that needed to be taken to S-1....admin...or the SGT MAJORS office.

When did they start putting 0151's on the company level?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    A Corparal asking this question??? Lol I guess infantry wasn't available huh??? yeah right

actually it was but i wanted arty

Quote Originally Posted by motox151 View Post
    Just go ua, all the cool cats do it!
    Yea! Or go destroy your office one night and blame it on pay.

Thread Information