say what?
Create Post

Thread: say what?

say what?

when i got out of Marine Corps ,I had damaged hearing....it was noticed at time by medical,but not pursued.if i want to file a va claim,is it just a matter of comparing my enlistment hearing test with my discharge test>?
    presently , i have tinnitus and bad hearing directly resulting to my job and duty stations, all of which are in my files

Quote Originally Posted by dc5halcyon View Post
    when i got out of Marine Corps ,I had damaged hearing....it was noticed at time by medical,but not pursued.if i want to file a va claim,is it just a matter of comparing my enlistment hearing test with my discharge test>?
    presently , i have tinnitus and bad hearing directly resulting to my job and duty stations, all of which are in my files
    My dad has 20% hearing loss and requires hearing aides for higher frequencies. His hearing loss was also a result of his duties and duty station. Was able to get some compensation for his hearing loss. Check with your local VA about a hearing test. I believe that's all that was required for him. Good luck.

Fill out VA Form 21-526 and request a C&P Exam.

I got my hearing aids about one month ago from the VA. I had to file a claim through veterans services. They got my medical record from where ever they store them and I had a letter written by a hearing Dr. The civilian hearing Dr gave me a hearing test to go along with the letter. I have been wearing hearing aids for years, but those suckers are getting pretty expensive. They concluded that my hearing loss was due to being a Drill Instructor at San Diego and was caused mainly due to the jet aircraft at the airport taking off. All this after retiring 47 years ago. These hearing aids the new digital small one and are great. You also get free batteries. Took a year after the claim, but is well worth it.

Thread Information