Your side of the coin - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Could be just a fluke dcb188. Makes me want to google my name, date of birth and location....just to see what kind of scuttlebutt is out there on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Oh no, I didn't say anything about running, not at all. You were saying good-bye and it came right on the heels of wonderwoman's discovery, is all.

Warlordarms my site is part of my company Warlord Arms cc. I restore antiques edged weaponary and ETC. I have restored some amazing antiques and preserved the history etched in the weapon. Its my passion, a hobby I have loved since I could walk.

I am an open book, I hide nothing when it come to this. I have had many good people come to me with forgeries saying that they paid a small fortune for because it could be restored into a very valuable item. Its very sad to burst thier bubble. Katanas are usually the object of forgery. I worked in the weapons industry for five years and I learned alot about the true quality of a weapon. I never sold for comm but for quality, that has never changed, I'd rather sell you a cheap strong hammer than an expensive frail one...get my meaning?

There are two Shannon Larratt's in this world...one in Canada and the other in South Africa (me). Check on Facebook. Warlord Arms in my sig is the only Site I run. I will never dis a Warrior...unless its a coward.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonL View Post
    There are two Shannon Larratt's in this world...one in Canada and the other in South Africa (me). Check on Facebook. Warlord Arms in my sig is the only Site I run. I will never dis a Warrior...unless its a coward.
    Well I for one am glad to hear that. A few years ago my wife and I visited friends in Johannesburg, beautiful city. Lorrie loved to shop and she dragged me to this huge shopping area, I guess it's the largest in all of South Africa but for the life of me I can't think of it's name. I know it's not Hyde Park......ring a bell???

Dave you made a mistake not only today but also yesterday? This will have to stop or the beatings will continue

Not all his fault.

That restoring arms must be a tough thing to do, I would imagine that takes skills far beyond that of most folks-----I wouldn't know the difference between a fake sword and one from the Middle Ages

That is why I opened doors so to speak. I hate it when good people get f'cked. It takes patience and care, you cant use machines because you can make a mistake that is irreversable. I' ve seen a 1674 Katana that was buffed and sanded with powertools...sadly it lost it value, now just a piece of old steel. 400 years lost in three minutes.

Your Ka-Bars you all have, those that served, many on the scratches and chips, dings etc all have a story. To have it buffed away is would be very sad. I remove rust and certain chips and dings made by fools. I preserve all that I can for the future. I educate the collecters and I hope I never work on the same sword or daggar (etc)again.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Well I for one am glad to hear that. A few years ago my wife and I visited friends in Johannesburg, beautiful city. Lorrie loved to shop and she dragged me to this huge shopping area, I guess it's the largest in all of South Africa but for the life of me I can't think of it's name. I know it's not Hyde Park......ring a bell???

Dave you made a mistake not only today but also yesterday? This will have to stop or the beatings will continue
    Hyde Park rings a bell for sure. Ever go to Sandton City? I worked at a shop called Sharp Edge, Sharp Shooter. Look I understand mistakes happen, its all good. Wildwoman73, dcb 188 and MOS1310. I understand where you all are coming from. 100%. You honour the memories of all Marines...I'm gonna break rule 6 now...

Semper Fi Marines

Anyway. I've got torn clothes here from the flying ordinace and I'm waving the flag. If I **** anyone off, Its not my intention.

I saw something like that, not weapons, but at Civil War cartridge box or ammo box, the U.S oval plate on it was buffed and shined up and right there it lost most of its value, went from 300 down to about 40 merely because it was shined up, people want the original stuff, so I can imagine weapons worth hundreds or thousands, being made worthless by an attempt at restoration

Its a sad sight indeed...I worked on a Admirals sword from 1795, Rear Admiral for British Navy, It once had rubies in its eyes...stolen of course over the years. Some chop chipped the blade and tried sharpening it with a grinder of some sort, I worked two solid weeks on it and the quality of the German steel worked well in its favour. I got the scratches off and managed to sharpen it the right way, kept it value. The look on the owners face said it all. His father won it as a price in 32 or 34 Olympic Games for fencing...an uncle or cousan damaged the blade. His fathers memory was honoured in his eyes...the other reason why I do it.

ShannonL let me let you in on something-----lately there has been a lot of questionable activity here, so everyone is careful, that's all it is, no more no less and it certainly isn't personal in any way shape or form. It's just life, just reality. The BS that has been slung, and more, by not well-meaning folks but by ill-meaning folks, makes it so that no one knows who is who, so you get probing inquiries.

Ask me anything and I'll answer. I am a man of Honour. Some say I was born too late...anyway.

Absolutely alright Marine. I'll be back on is 8 hours...you'll probably be asleep.

ShannonL:

It was just like it was for the men ... except at a moments notice I was expected to wash off the mud and march in heels with lips and eyes done. I was a marine and a lady which takes a very unique person..... I loved the corps. tell me what you are looking for and I will give you as much detail as possible...

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by sstrsoldier View Post
    ShannonL:

It was just like it was for the men ... except at a moments notice I was expected to wash off the mud and march in heels with lips and eyes done. I was a marine and a lady which takes a very unique person..... I loved the corps. tell me what you are looking for and I will give you as much detail as possible...

Mac
    A lady and a Marine...unique for sure! I posted this in no 8.

I'm not just wanting to talk to shooters, I just wanted to know what it's like for a woman to come home and dash all of mommy and daddy's dreams of her being a paralegal with pretty long nails and styled hair. And walk in a full fledged Marine. What was it like to walk up to the recruiters post and sign your name, gawked at by males around you. To go through training and surpass all expectations and prededuce's and earn the right of passage into the halls of the warriors and honour. Whats base life like? there must be vast differences in the base and field. My book will have female Marines, a female Gunnery Sergeant as well. I want it to be right.

...You come from Marine home? Basically I want to know whats it is like. PM anytime Marine. Thank you very much for stepping forward. I wont disrepect of dishonour you or any Marine...male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonL View Post
    A lady and a Marine...unique for sure! I posted this in no 8.

I'm not just wanting to talk to shooters, I just wanted to know what it's like for a woman to come home and dash all of mommy and daddy's dreams of her being a paralegal with pretty long nails and styled hair. And walk in a full fledged Marine. What was it like to walk up to the recruiters post and sign your name, gawked at by males around you. To go through training and surpass all expectations and prededuce's and earn the right of passage into the halls of the warriors and honour. Whats base life like? there must be vast differences in the base and field. My book will have female Marines, a female Gunnery Sergeant as well. I want it to be right.

...You come from Marine home? Basically I want to know whats it is like. PM anytime Marine. Thank you very much for stepping forward. I wont disrepect of dishonour you or any Marine...male or female.

You have to take into consideration that women work in a mans world. This has been going on for decades. Mommy and Daddy's dreams may very well been just get a job so you are on your own. Like my parents. They cared less about an education. I was a work horse at an early age so they never had to spend a dime on me. I showed cattle and scrubbed their coats with my bare fingernails so my nails/hands always looked like working hands anyway.

Marines(males) gawking at a female are no different than any Joe Schmoe on the street with a Phd in Bum-101. Marines may have actually had a little more respect about it. If by chance they didn't, they were squared away RIGHT away. There...some of my experience and input.

Oh ya...if you talk to any Marine...every marine...we are ALL basic riflemen/women. It's a requirement. No pass, no play kind of deal. That is what you are talking about right?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Shannon L, let me say a few things. I think women join the Marines for much the same reasons men do. There is several other branches to choose from. We choose the Corps because we want to be part of the best. Women Marines have hard training, just like thier male counter parts. I for one would not object to women Marines serving in a full combat role, on a volenteer basis. Train them with a rifle co. If they can stand up to it, and carry thier own weight. So be it. Im sure there are those that would argue this point. But I for one, wouldnt hesitate a moment going into combat with women Marines that has the determination and guts to do so. I have the deepest respect for women that choose to be part of the Marine Corps. I never underestimate the ability of a woman to do what needs to be done.

Thread Information