Anyone done Active Reserves before?
Create Post

Anyone done Active Reserves before?

So i'm trying to get back in, all AD boat spaces are full for 0311, PS recruiter suggested AR. I want to deploy pick up and all that fun stuff anyone have any info on it besides the recruiters sale pitch?

Are you in the IRR? The MOBCOM website lists open billets for deployment.

I'm in the IRR as of the 7th, I'm considering lat moving as i believe it would give me a better chance when it comes to reenlisting on the active side of the house, having 2 MOS that i could fall into never hurts. I just don't know what best suites me. Call it grunt pride but it's always been hard to picture myself anything but infantry. I have 110 GT score so i believe most things are available. As far as MOBCOM goes i have been looking into the billets and there usually isn't anything i would qualify to do.

MOBCOM failed me too. I've been working hard to put my package together for AR but it's not a guarantee. From what I understand, and I could be wrong, is they will open up the "career" side on September 1st, but won't release any MOSs they are accepting. You just put in your package and wait. I could be wrong, but that's the way it was explained to me by my AR recruiter.

the Reserve unit in my area is the 4th Tanks they have no AR all the full time Marines are Active Duty Marines stationed with the Reserves

Thread Information