Sylvan Learning Centers
Create Post

Sylvan Learning Centers

Anyone ever used Sylvan for help with tutoring? I'm contemplating going to my local center and getting tutoring for math since I can't remember a dang thing about it. Wanted a little background info on if anyone has ever gone there and if it was worth the money spent.

-Brown

I went to a SLC when I was in middle school, eighth grade I believe, for some help in math. I was only there for about a month or so, and I felt that it was beneficial in that I had someone that could keep me on track and was able to show me where mistakes were made when working problems out. The lady that was helping me generally had 2-3 other kids there that she would be mentoring at the same time.

Are you looking for a math tutor because you are taking the ASVAB?

Quote Originally Posted by CastNoShadow View Post
    I went to a SLC when I was in middle school, eighth grade I believe, for some help in math. I was only there for about a month or so, and I felt that it was beneficial in that I had someone that could keep me on track and was able to show me where mistakes were made when working problems out. The lady that was helping me generally had 2-3 other kids there that she would be mentoring at the same time.

Are you looking for a math tutor because you are taking the ASVAB?
    Yeah, I've been trying to study math on my own and have been failing miserably.

Man, I feel your pain when it comes to math.

If you have any colleges around your area, you may be able to find a sexy college dame to tutor you in the ways of mathematics. Check bulletin boards around the campus library or bookstores. It might also be a cheaper alternative.

Thread Information