Determinates ~ Age ~ Contraception - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The question again ~ what goes into making a medical DECISION about oral contraception?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CalmaSAdkisson View Post
    Back to the point ~ Before being rudely interrupted ~ Are there any medical officers that can answer the original question of what goes into making a medical decision about permanent contraception?
    Trying my best not to be insulting but you are crazy if you are on a jarhead site looking for the opinion of a medical officer.

Not trying to ridicule you or be condesending, but the title to this forum is Devil Docs implying hey there are medical personnel on this forum. Ya know?

excuse me not oral but permanent contraception

Back to the point ~ Before being rudely interrupted ~ Are there any medical officers that can answer the original question of what goes into making a medical decision about permanent contraception?
    This is basically a Hospital Corps(FMF) forum,medical doctors usually don't look at these forums. If you are or were a Woman Marine,you should know the answer.It's not hard to ask at any clinic or hospital,combat areas are a totally different problem though.

Story Number: NNS091009-13 Release Date: 10/9/2009 11:46:00 AM 0 Comments

Font Size: A A A 0 0

By Sarah Fortney, National Naval Medical Center Public Affairs

BETHESDA, Md. (NNS) -- Hysterscopic sterilization is a permanent birth control procedure that creates a natural barrier against pregnancy. National Naval Medical Center (NNMC) patients who choose not to have any more children can opt for a procedure, known as Essure, that doesn't require anesthesia or incisions.

During the procedure, a camera-tipped scope is inserted through the cervix and uterus, allowing the doctor to see the opening of the Fallopian tubes. Two-coiled wires are then threaded into the tubes, which scars the tissue, thus, blocking the tubes to prevent sperm from reaching the eggs.

This procedure, which can be performed in about a half-hour, has been used in NNMC's operating room for years, but will be available in the clinic as an out-patient procedure this fall.

The procedure is available to NNMC patients at no cost however, in the civilian sector, Essure is accepted by most insurance companies and the payment may be as low as a co-pay, according to Essure's Web site.

To be eligible for this procedure, women must have a normal uterine cavity in order to allow placement of the tubal inserts. In addition, Essure is for women who want permanent sterilization – it is non-reversible.

"You have to be totally sure that you no longer want to get pregnant," said Cmdr. Christopher Reed, a doctor in NNMC's OB/GYN clinic.

"What's unique about this procedure is that we don't need to make any abdominal incisions," said Reed. "We can just look through the camera, see the natural opening of the Fallopian tubes [and sterilize] them from within. It's a much less invasive technique."

According to Reed, the procedure is safer for patients than other surgical methods because they aren't under general anesthesia.

Because it's a nonsurgical procedure, patients do not have to wait to transition between the Ambulatory Procedures Unit and the operating room, nor do they have to go through an extensive pre-screening process.

Before now, women who wanted sterility had the option of tubal ligation, also known as getting their "tubes tied." Tubal ligation keeps a woman off her feet for at least five days, with Essure a woman can walk out the door and go back to work the next day.

After a patient undergoes this nonsurgical procedure, they must return in three months for an imaging study to make sure the tubes have been blocked. As long as they are blocked, it is 100 percent effective, and is actually more effective than tubal ligation.

During that three-month period, women must use an alternative birth control method, which the clinic can provide.

For more news from National Naval Medical Center, visit www.navy.mil/local/nnmc/.WOW!! This could make the need for abortion obsolete

Credits
    Savings
    Best advice to not get a virus on your computer, is leave it in the box and not plugging it in.

Best advice for not getting pregnant is not opening the box and getting plugged in.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I feel like I'm walking through a maze. What are you saying? So far I've got ... you imply that the military does not provide contraception then it evolved into the military does not provide permanate sterization to now yes they do and it will prevent abortion. WTF are you talking about?

Is it as simple as you are against abortion so you think everyone should be fixed and uncle sam is refusing to do it?

might want to ask that question to the volunteers in this thread. I ask a simple question. What goes into the medical DECISION of tubal ligation.

Greek to me.
    Greek will work also

might want to ask that question to the volunteers in this thread. I ask a simple question. What goes into the medical DECISION of tubal ligation.
    It is a simple question,but your lack of intelligence in asking non doctor's opinions of a medical procedure makes you more of a troll.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok here is how it worked in my household. Before any children were born it was strongly suggested that we use pill, shot, implants, condoms etc as birth control. After our 3rd child was born it was as simple as asking for her tubes to be tied. It was actually only a few minutes after the birth that the procedure was performed. Having a baby generally lays a girl up for a couple of days anyway. I could have, at any time, on request have my tubes tied.

You are suggesting that promiscuity would be ok if everyone was fixed. I'll tell you something else.... corpsman hand out rubbers like they are holloween candy. I have never ever heard of someone being denied being permanately sterilized.... whether active or dependant. There is counselling ect. with the strong suggestion that you do not make it permanate to never ever have a child.

Hey ... you could always just be gay and worry about STD's and aids and not have to worry about getting fixed at all.

If you really wanted to talk about a topic of this nature you should have put it in the political forum then put it in your pipe and smoked it.

Credits
    Savings
    Put it on the Female side----------

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    They will give you a boob job now...if you just ask.

Thread Information