Determinates ~ Age ~ Contraception - Page 12
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest comes on AMC tonight at 2000 ET.

1: Banning Marines is something that anyone who has been a member here for any length of time, well knows I am LOATHE to do. First on 1st Amendment grounds, and second, because we ALL (Marines, anyway) earned the absolute right to express our opinions, thoughts, and commentary. It's only when someone pole vaults over the line that I ban them. Poolees/Wannabees/'Friends' do not count, and do not rate, that sort of consideration. (This is, after all, a MARINE site...).

2: Ms Calma did, in fact, post a link to her website on her profile. Lynn, I agree with your one point....if someone were fishing for information and then tracked down another person on this site, for the purpose of harrassment, intimidation, or whatever, then they would be extracted as soon as I was made aware of them doing so. I will NOT tolerate that sort of thing. However (comma)....if I were to post a link here to a site I had pictures of myself on (no matter how compromising LOL) and someone went there, then posted those same pics here (Full disclosure...I can't see the pic of Calma), I don't have much of a leg to stand on to beeyotch about it. Shame on ME for putting my link up there. (There is no requirement for members to do so....it's a courtesy the site extends to folks).

3: Calma was not extracted forever, merely given a 'time out'. When you bring your mental issues to the public fore, and then use them to attack fellow Marines, I say that's 'pole vaulting' over the line. Don't complain about being banned. This ISN'T the public square, a library, or some other venue where the 'rights' of the mentally ill are protected to the extent where they infringe on everyone ELSE'S rights. I think of the old adage of the kid who kills his parents then petitions the court for leniency because he's an orphan. Sorry but that dog doesn't hunt with me.

4: We ALL beeyotch and snipe at one another. We have that right. But when it devolves to the level of personal attacks, cursing, spamming, and just plain streetcorner wolfing, I draw the line. Once is enough to get your point across. Repeatedly doing it tells me you need a 'time out'.

5; I appreciate everyones thoughts and insightfull commentary on this, but this one is closed for the good of the order.

Thread Information