How to become a corpsman
Create Post

How to become a corpsman

I am 17 and planning on enlisting after my senior year. I am going to enlist with an Infantry MOS, but I would rather be a corpsman. Is there any way that I can guarantee that I will be embedded with marine infantry(assuming I can pass all requirements)? I don't want to enlist and spend 4 years fixing up sailors on ship somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic(not that it isn't an important job). Any advice is much appreciated.

If you enlist as a Corpsman there are no guarantees,it is "needs of the Navy".You would also need a combined asvab score of 156, and any drug related problems are instant disqualification (no waivers).

"no guarantees"

Something that can be said about most things in life.

What are his chances of going FMF right now based on young male Docs coming out of the pipeline?

My young friend wanted to be a Marine Corpsman. In his class, one person was selected. The following class, most all went Marine. His comment? Needs of the Navy, at the time.

My friend was assinged to the San Diego Hospital for two years. He just got his orders to report to Camp Pendelton for tranining. His comment? Never give up on your dream. He reports either at the end of July or early August. His dad doesn't remember exactly.

Thread Information