Headed To MEPS
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headed To MEPS

Headed To MEPS

Im getting ready to head up to MEPS in a couple hours. Staying at the MEPS hotel tonight and getting up at 4am to take my Physical, and also my ASVAB. Iv been waiting a month to go to MEPS because the doctor was under investigation for failing people without a reason. But they have a new doctor now and im finally approved to go.

I got a 74 on my Pre-ASVAB.
    10:30 1 1/2mile.
    16 pull ups
    102 crunches in a minute.

Not to worried about the physical test just stressing over the ASVAB because its timed. Everyone has told me that you have plenty of time to do it. Im really excited but nervous. Im supposed to be in this group to swear in on Monday also. Iv got all my paperwork filled out and got my waiver for my tattoo. Only problem is my transcript is a bit messed up cause of my 2nd semester sophomore year was bad. So it says I have 14 credits and you need 16 to be a senior. So it shows me as a junior. I'm enrolled in 4 summer classes right now, but they don't show up on my transcript til 1st semester of this next school year. So we will see what happens.

So my question to you Marines is, do you remember your night in the MEPS hotel waiting to go to MEPS to take your physical and ASVAB? Were you nervous also?

Thanks for your time Marines, ill keep you posted when I get back with my scores.

Stay away from the caffiene today. Coffee, Tea, most sodas. Stay away from them. Make a point to get a good night's rest. When you ship, follow this advise for when you stay at the hotel the night before MEPS as well. Get rest, dont obsess about it. Occupy your mind with other things.

Go to bed at an hour that will ensure you get 8 hours rest.

Thank you sir, I woke up at 4am this morning so that I would be tired by like 8 tonight and pass out. Didn't even think about the caffiene, sounds like a good idea to stay away from it. Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan2108 View Post
    Im getting ready to head up to MEPS in a couple hours. Staying at the MEPS hotel tonight and getting up at 4am to take my Physical, and also my ASVAB. Iv been waiting a month to go to MEPS because the doctor was under investigation for failing people without a reason. But they have a new doctor now and im finally approved to go.

I got a 74 on my Pre-ASVAB.
    10:30 1 1/2mile.
    16 pull ups
    102 crunches in a minute.

Not to worried about the physical test just stressing over the ASVAB because its timed. Everyone has told me that you have plenty of time to do it. Im really excited but nervous. Im supposed to be in this group to swear in on Monday also. Iv got all my paperwork filled out and got my waiver for my tattoo. Only problem is my transcript is a bit messed up cause of my 2nd semester sophomore year was bad. So it says I have 14 credits and you need 16 to be a senior. So it shows me as a junior. I'm enrolled in 4 summer classes right now, but they don't show up on my transcript til 1st semester of this next school year. So we will see what happens.

So my question to you Marines is, do you remember your night in the MEPS hotel waiting to go to MEPS to take your physical and ASVAB? Were you nervous also?

Thanks for your time Marines, ill keep you posted when I get back with my scores.
    Being nervous is human nature, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.

Just got home from MEPS. Waiting to get my ASVAB results. I got DQ'd because I guess im deaf in my right ear. I got commisioned to go back up and have another hearing check up. Then finish enlisting. My roommate at the MEPS hotel shipped out to bootcamp today.

Deaf in the right ear? Suggestion, if you use ear buds, STOP. Same thing with headphones or anything else. Once your hearing goes, it doesn't come back. Stop listening to LOUD music several days prior to going, and if neccessary, put cotton in your ears or use earplugs. That may help.

Yes sir, SSGT Daniels told me to put earplugs in the whole ride up and take them out when I get there because it makes your ears more sensitive. I have a $2000 sound system in my car thats why, But i dont know why its only my right ear. I havn't listened to it for about 2 weeks and I am going to sell it. Bumpin' isnt worth ruining my chances of making it in the Marine Corps. Still waiting for my ASVAB results.

And there is your reason why. Your right ear "faces" the most of the music inside the car. Hopefully, you haven't done perm. damage. Sell that puppy or yank it out LOL.

Just got my scores back. Got 67 ASVAB 114 GT. Not sure if that's any good but my recruiter said that's right where I need to be for Intel. Still waiting on my Commission date for my ear. Haven't been listening to music and I'm going to get my ears flushed just in case they are clogged. Doc at MEPS said they are clean but my moms a nurse so its free to get them flushed so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan2108 View Post
    Just got my scores back. Got 67 ASVAB 114 GT. Not sure if that's any good but my recruiter said that's right where I need to be for Intel. Still waiting on my Commission date for my ear. Haven't been listening to music and I'm going to get my ears flushed just in case they are clogged. Doc at MEPS said they are clean but my moms a nurse so its free to get them flushed so I figured it couldn't hurt.
    Good job Jordan.

So it took 2 months to get my consult date for my hearing test. September 7th. I leave on Monday and take the test on Tuesday. So just my luck I got sick on Friday. Its now Sunday and im still sick. My ears feel like they are on fire and inflated. I tried to reschedule my consult date but I can't because it already took two months to get it the first time. So i have to go take the hearing test while my ears are messed up. And if I fail im Disqualified...Doesn't seem very fair to me?

Just tell them the truth, tell them your sick and your ears are plugged up. They may retest you and pass you, you never know. I wish you luck!

Still sick. Headed up for my hearing test. Wish me luck.

Just returned from my hearing test. I passed. The doctor said she wants to see me again when im not sick because there was fluid in my ears. I fly to MEPS on friday to finish swearing in. Another step closer to becoming a Marine.

Thread Information