New FMF Corpsman - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    THANK YOU ALLAN,THAT WAS A GOOD STORY. I decided to be in the medical field because of my 2 uncles. They were Army medics during ww2, they both did Dday 1on the 4thwave other on the 6th both on Omaha beach.I could join the Army because i had flat feet,but the Navy took me and I became a corpman.

THANK YOU ALLAN,THAT WAS A GOOD STORY. I decided to be in the medical field because of my 2 uncles. They were Army medics during ww2, they both did Dday 1on the 4thwave other on the 6th both on Omaha beach.I couldnt join the Army because of flat feet. So I joined the Navy and secame a Corpman.

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by HM3 Doc Wilder View Post
    That's why I respect Army Medics-But "We"-should have gotten some college credits To.What do you think?------Greetings from the Bronx......Bye for now...
    I'm not sure what you are getting on about.HM "A" school classes were transferable for some credit and or the ability to challenge the LPN/LVN licenseing test.

"C" school classes were also transferable for credit at many colleges.Did you follow up on a medical career after discharge and try to use these credits?

No I did not know about these credits-when I decided to be an X-ray Tech.I learned about this later on when I was working at the VA.I was surprised-Something about going through Fort Sam Houston Med Training School-gives these Army Medics-these special -college credits.As I said-Hospital Corpsman School-could have been calibrated better-That big red-Corpsman book-was a little empty-when it comes to Emergent-Life Repair.Shows you how to catheterize-some one I remember.Good pharmacology in it for that time.Shows you how to Larvarge-ears,wounds,intestines.Don't use Morphine-for head wounds,chest wounds and stomach wounds-remember?.I'm sure that book has been replaced.HM1-it's a pleasure hearing from you.I know what I'm saying-I just don't have proof of what I'm saying .

Doc Hansen-your name is so familiar-I was in Hospital Corpsman class 48.There was this First Class Corpsman-at the Great Lakes named-Gillette-He had a list of Tattooed-female names running down his right arm.The ones above the latest name-all had tattooed -blue lines through them.He was the guy that used to let people into the chow hall.I remember these two Wave-Corpsman-They were pretty.Dee Dee Bonforgold,and Dora Swarez-Never could get them on the phone at the Sherman House Hotel in Downtown Chicago.They were busy-not with me.Doc Hansen-who were you with in Nam-FMF-I Core.I might know you.Glad to know you now.I've met lots of people that were in the Service with flat-feet-No Biggy.

Mark 291-It says you cant receive private messages-for some reason-So I'll say it here.Definitely would like to be your friend.Semper Fi my Marine Brother.I don't know much-bout this "Friend-Thing"When someone-asks to be my friend-which I really appreciate-Do I reply-and ask them to be my friend also?Don't know?

DocGreek-All my respect-to you-Always-You know the Army Medics-were taught to use those condom things and inflate them in gaping abdominal-wounds.This would take up space and slow down the blood loss also.Interesting.....as Spock would say.Did you use this Technique-also?

Hey Haas Echo-You were a Corpsman Instructor-"Corpsman Teacher"-Did they improve and show Corpsman which Blood vessels to tie off?Run that blood volume-expander-fully open?As for Tourniquets-I remember -putting the time of application-on the forehead.I was not taught to loosen it up-like today to prevent Gangrene.My Medicine Techniques-are old-but they still work.I know if someone now has a traumatic-Amputation-I can definitely save their life.So can you DocGreek and all you other Corpsman.Here right now-"Your gonna make it" "Hang in there"-"Just Hold On"-a minute later-Gone.Does it Hurt?-FU*kin A-Double Fu*kin A.No wonder we drank like fish.I was trained to be a Combat Corpsman 8404/0311-and I did some good work-but I'll never know -if I could have survived in rice-patty situations....Yeah, there definitely-was war on C-Battery-going on.That's the closest I came to being in Combat-So I have these big Guilt Trips-cause I know-that's where I should have been-Then I could be like You Corpsman-walking in your shoes.I had a chance to be a Medi-Vac Corpsman-at Mag 11.The reason why I'm here-is because I didn't go-there---See more guilt-I have a lot of that-Sorry to say-Bye from the Bronx

Thread Information