will I be DQ'd?
Create Post

Thread: will I be DQ'd?

will I be DQ'd?

Hello all-
    i got in a fight in college and was arrested for disorderly conduct. i was not criminally charged with anything, as the judge kindly converted the case to a civil offense (i had no prior record whatsoever). i also was fined for minor in possession of alcohol (no arrest or court). I'm not even sure either of these would show up on a background check, but I'm gonna disclose them to a recruiter anyway because if they do show up and i didn't say anything about 'em, i know i'd be dq'd for sure.

So do you think this will be a problem for me? I'm meeting with a recruiter for the first time next week and I would just like to know what to expect from former or current Marine recruiters or anyone else.

-thanks, willy

Willy, it is best to ask your recruiter on this one. He is going to have the most up to date info on what is waiverable and what is not.

If there was no criminal charge, then you should be ok. Had a friend go through with a similar problem not to long ago and he was ok. It may come down to if you won the fight or not, only potential warriors are wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    If there was no criminal charge, then you should be ok. Had a friend go through with a similar problem not to long ago and he was ok. It may come down to if you won the fight or not, only potential warriors are wanted.
    knocked the bastard out cold--i do plan on being a Marine lol.

thanks for your responses

You'll likely need waivers. Your recruiter will be able to assist you along these lines.

Thread Information