World Cup: England v. USA - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Germany took it to Australia. I have to say that Germany got by with some really bad acting and the red card was bunk. One of the commentators said he was shot by an imaginary sniper.

I think they should just let em duke it out like they do in hockey. Yellow card them if they must and let the game continue. Taking a guy out of the game for tripping is stupid.
    I agree Bob. Perhaps they should have pools at either end of the"pitch" where all the "divers' could gather. It's a great sport when played "balls to the wall" but that does not happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    You'll have to ask someone about that whose a "flyboy" in the Air Force. In the Navy and Marines, it's an Aviator.
    easy answer.... para's...... bloody cherry berets

"It's a great sport when played "balls to the wall" but that does not happen very often."

90 minutes of playing time on a pitch much bigger than an American football field with virtually no subs.

I wonder how many here are ready to go "balls to the wall" for that length of time?

One thing though. The game does not translate to TV all that well. Its a much better game up close.

We do not knock soccer in my house. It sent two of my 3 to college.

Credits
    Savings
    I think they should just let em duke it out like they do in hockey

The only problem there Bulkyker is that the rules will not allow them to take their handbags/purses onto the pitch.

Now on a rugby pitch if you get belted by a 6'8" lock weighing in at 18.5 stone you are certainly going to be counting sheep for a moment or three. Therein lies the difference in the games. Rugby players do literally knock spots off each other for 80 minutes, then shake hands no matter what went on, then head for a beer. Professional footballers have been filmed almost attacking the referees and opposition.

Also Rob, Rugby players have respect for the Ref. You dont see them ganging up to complain that one of them broke a nail. The Ref speaks and the players do as they are dammed well told

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My point was that they should leave the theactrics at home. So what you got clipped and tripped. Get the hell back up and keep playing. My original post was a protest about that aussie getting red carded because some actor fell down and skinned his knee. Give em a free kick or something, don't boot the chap out of the game and make em play minus 1 because of an actor.

Credits
    Savings
    To which the instant gut response is "what have the rules got to do with it!"

Perhaps the Corps should enter a team; Corps colours etc, but only able to play to Jungle Rules. They'd be sidelined in about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Parry View Post
    To which the instant gut response is "what have the rules got to do with it!"

Perhaps the Corps should enter a team; Corps colours etc, but only able to play to Jungle Rules. They'd be sidelined in about 5 minutes.

yeah but the opposition would be carried off in 2

Credits
    Savings
    As we have been wittering about the oval ball, may I include this link to the Obit for Andy Ripley, a giant of England Rugby, for the info of those expats in the USA.

RIP big fellow, you will be missed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...dy-Ripley.html

Credits
    Savings

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Where is Ghana?

Germany and Spain had perhaps the best match of the entire Cup so far.

So good in fact Germany is going to whip Uruguay into an unrecognizable slag come Saturday.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Spain did to Germany what the dutch did to uraguay. Kept it on their end and shot after shot. If Germany's goal tender and defense wasn't so good it could have turned out like the N. Korea game.

I agree it was a good game. I watched it from a german sports bar. Not rooting for the home team would be akin to walking into a sports bar in madison and rooting for the vikings.

lol, the spanish gave up at least two shots on goal due to showboating; I'm talking about long runs from midfield with only one or two defenders and the goalie ready to defend; pedro in particular went for the flip instead of the pass and could have easily sealed the deal

but it made for good drama. and damn that octopus

It's sooo cute when they swap shirts at the end of a game why not just hand the fvcker your hotel room key

Thread Information