Possible future corpsman.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible future corpsman.

Hello. I am soon enlisting as a corpsman in the U.S Navy for several reasons:

1. I find the lack of support for this nation's ideals and principals most especially for troops to be revolting and i want to prove to myself and others that some young people in this country still understand that while you may not support the man sitting in the oval office; you should always support what he and his position stand for.

2. I come from a Navy family but ever since hearing the stories of Belleau Wood and the Chosin Reservoir i have wanted to be a Marine. So i figured it would be a fair compromise to my family to enlist as a corpsman.

3. I am not a pacifist but i would not like to kill a man if I didn't absolutely have to. I would rather save one Marine than kill ten insurgents.

My only question is; What does a combat Marine expect from a corpsman aside from the obvious?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead2 View Post

1. I find the lack of support for this nation's ideals and principals most especially for troops to be revolting and i want to prove to myself and others that some young people in this country still understand that while you may not support the man sitting in the oval office; you should always support what he and his position stand for.

2. I come from a Navy family but ever since hearing the stories of Belleau Wood and the Chosin Reservoir i have wanted to be a Marine. So i figured it would be a fair compromise to my family to enlist as a corpsman.

3. I am not a pacifist but i would not like to kill a man if I didn't absolutely have to. I would rather save one Marine than kill ten insurgents.

My only question is; What does a combat Marine expect from a corpsman aside from the obvious?
    To be there when he's needed. And to shoot an insurgent b*stard if necessary. Your Job #1 is saving Marines, and if that means shooting someone, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    To be there when he's needed. And to shoot an insurgent b*stard if necessary. Your Job #1 is saving Marines, and if that means shooting someone, so be it.
    Don't get me wrong, i am willing to kill anyone if it means the safety of a Marine. That would be my job. I was wondering what a corpsman is expected to do in a non combat situation? Do they live separate from the Marines? Can a corpsman interact with the Marines outside of medical treatment or is that frowned upon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Zulu is correct a Corpsman is to be there when needed and if he has to it may become necessary to shoot or kill an insurgent b*sturd it also may be said that at times you may have to save that same insurgent b*sturds life it is a mix of both you are going to be torn between the them but remember that at all times you will have the best friends standing beside you day and night and they will go all ouyt to protect you for you are the one person they count on the most so just remember you will wear both uniforms but you will be a Corpsman so SEMPER FI

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't get me wrong, i am willing to kill anyone if it means the safety of a Marine. That would be my job. I was wondering what a corpsman is expected to do in a non combat situation? Do they live separate from the Marines? Can a corpsman interact with the Marines outside of medical treatment or is that frowned upon?

Of course you can socialize with Marines. I fell off a bar stool with a corpsman more than once. If you are assigned as an FMF corpsman, you will be with your unit all of the time.

I guess that all I can say is, If you become a Marine Corpsman, you will always and forever be called DOC! If it wasn't for corpsman, there are some of those here, that would not be here! So, hold your head high and if need be, shoot the SOB that want's to hurt/kill your Marine!

Semper Fi, Future DOC!

Maurice

More obvious question is to find out what a Corpsman does and whether or not you would be disapointed by not being assigned to a Marine combat unit or any Marine Command.

Have you contacted a Navy recruiter,if you have did he know anything about green-side Corpsmen?You may find more answers at the following link.

http://www.corpsman.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    More obvious question is to find out what a Corpsman does and whether or not you would be disapointed by not being assigned to a Marine combat unit or any Marine Command.

Have you contacted a Navy recruiter,if you have did he know anything about green-side Corpsmen?You may find more answers at the following link.

http://www.corpsman.com/
    If you want to be a DEVIL DOC then start with the Navy recruiter tell him or her what you want and as for the site DanM sent to you use it it may help go for it go for it

We treated our Docs like our own brothers.

The Docs are the only folks in our unit that everybody knows and talks to.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .......HEY....LITTLE BOY!!!!! NO Squids are going to talk to you, until you've earned your CADUSUS.....PERIOD!!!......NOW....go talk to the Navy Recruiter!!!!!.......

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    We treated our Docs like our own brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    .......HEY....LITTLE BOY!!!!! NO Squids are going to talk to you, until you've earned your CADUSUS.....PERIOD!!!......NOW....go talk to the Navy Recruiter!!!!!.......
    Come back to reality Doc,did you take your meds today?

Hey, Doc is ok.
    Just lettin' the prospect know that being DOC
    ain't easy.
    We were all gungy as hell but Doc had to be that to the extreme
    Go for it young man if you think you can take it.
    Prove yourself and you'll all be drinking buddies.
    Take care of your Marines and they will take care of you.

Smitty

"So i figured it would be a fair compromise to my family to enlist as a corpsman."

First of all being a Doc is not a compromise. I realize you are young and uninformed but I for one resent anything that suggest that being a Doc especially being an FMF Doc is in any way 2nd place to anything.

2nd this I would kill if needed is HS talk. Pulling a trigger is about the easiest thing you can do. OK the conditions you pull it in can be anything but easy but the pulling is. I never saw anyone Marine or Doc have a problem with that part.

Besides that trigger pulling is over rated. Its not whether you can shoot someone. The question is how you take to being shot at. That is what seperates the men from the boys. Some handle it well. Some not at all.

Thread Information