1000 Mile Stare
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 Mile Stare

1000 Mile Stare

When I was in country Marble Mt MAG-16:HMM361:H&MS-16 we used to extract bros' from the bush in our choppers..some had spent some time
    in combat under harsh conditons..some wanted to come with their kia'd bro in the chopper..these grunts spoke very little, almost always covered in red clay and just stared at nothing,,,when I'd asked them a question
    about what they went through, they spoke very low..their head would look straight ahead, then drop halfway down to the ground then just drop to the ground..I saw this time and time again...something I don't see from troops coming from the middle east,,is it just me that notices this?

I was not in the middle east but I have seen a diffentes in our Bro's from being in country than the ones comeing home from the middle east. Igo down town the V. A. alot for med. reasons and P.T.S.D. I think that maybe if we look hard we will find some of these guys just like us. comeing home from the middle east F#cked up in the head. I hope not but War is War. SSGT. Francisco P.S, to all that come home go to the V. A. tell them to help you out.

We all have that 1000 mile stare from being in country. It is called P.T.S.D. SSGT. Francisco.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I had a Cousin that asked Me what it was like over there Jack living in the Jungle and People trying too Kill you 24/7?I Took His Remington Shotgun that was Loaded and Pointed it at His Face snapped the Safety off and did not say a word He was in SHOCK,Then about 30 seconds later; It was kinda like that 24/7 I said...He said years later that looking in my Eyes was like looking in the Depths of Hell

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    my wife used to tell me she could pick Nam vet out just by the look of their eyes...she said we all had the same stare....like there was something like a fire and sadness behind them

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I used to go to the bars and pick a place with my back to the wall and drink beer. I didnt want to talk to anyone. Just wanted so solitude. I wasnt really thinking about anything. It was like I knew what was going on in life and no one else did. Like trying to keep a secret from the whole world. I just had a hard time letting go.

FistFu68 - I hear ya

Rove - They must have been our guys 3/5, we were out in the Arizona and An Hoa with red clay dust everywhere.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Rove - They must have been our guys 3/5, we were out in the Arizona and An Hoa with red clay dust everywhere.
    Fistfu and I wallered in that same dirt. 3/26

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    same same dirt...1/7

Credits
    Savings
    Back to the wall
    All I want is quiet

Yepir

Nice to meet ya'll, I bet we've got more in common than some dirt.

I have been fu#ked in the head for years since my return, it ****ing sucks but I am learning a lot from you nam guys about how to help with this chit.

jack,i'm not fuked up. I like to drink a beer with peace and quite. I also like to be in the dark while rocking in my rocking chair.hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace15 View Post
    jack,i'm not fuked up. I like to drink a beer with peace and quite. I also like to be in the dark while rocking in my rocking chair.hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here.

The most I saw out in Iraq was some young LCpl that stuck a 9mm in his mouth outside of the phone center...wish I could have been a faster runner that night.

Thread Information