What to do about my enlistment? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    That's great. HOWEVER, you were asked a question by Sgt Zulu36, so lets get that answered in the NEXT post.

To re-cap:

"As a related item (since you keep bringing it up), when did you make Eagle Scout (Court of Honor date)? When was your Board of Review? What is your Scouting Council name, city, and state? What is your Troop # and city?"

And yes it's pertinent information. I'm also a tad bit annoyed that you basically double posted this, and haven't said much of anything to the good advice that was given in the prior thread. So I suggest you answer the Eagle Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    As a related item (since you keep bringing it up), when did you make Eagle Scout (Court of Honor date)? When was your Board of Review? What is your Scouting Council name, city, and state? What is your Troop # and city?
    Sorry it took me a while.

My board of review was Feb 9th and here is are website it says everything at the top corner.

http://bsatroop60.org/web/

http://bsatroop60.org/web/index.php?...view&ANN_id=66

THIS link would have been more helpful. What, you think someone wouldn't check?

Congrats on Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    http://bsatroop60.org/web/index.php?...view&ANN_id=66

THIS link would have been more helpful. What, you think someone wouldn't check?

Congrats on Eagle.
    No, I just didn't take the time to look through the website.

Thank you sir

Guys I have 1 more question. About a few months ago I booked my Eagle Scout ceremony at the MN state capital and invited all my friends and family. I asked y recruiter if I could get that weekend off for my ceremony since it's a once in a life time thing and he said he wasn't to sure if I could go and to ask the SSgt (SNCOIC) and he was screaming and yelling I'm the background stigma I can't miss that weekend since it is mini boot camp a weekend event. I don't want to risk being dropped from the DEP again but I don't want to miss my own eagle scout ceremony. Someone on one of these forms said he got it off for his brothers bachlors party... Anyways he is ****ed and I don't know what to do.

Poolee Schmidt, it's Marines, not guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Schmidt View Post
    Guys I have 1 more question. About a few months ago I booked my Eagle Scout ceremony at the MN state capital and invited all my friends and family. I asked y recruiter if I could get that weekend off for my ceremony since it's a once in a life time thing and he said he wasn't to sure if I could go and to ask the SSgt (SNCOIC) and he was screaming and yelling I'm the background stigma I can't miss that weekend since it is mini boot camp a weekend event. I don't want to risk being dropped from the DEP again but I don't want to miss my own eagle scout ceremony. Someone on one of these forms said he got it off for his brothers bachlors party... Anyways he is ****ed and I don't know what to do.
    Congratulations on achieving Eagle Scout! As Committee Chair for our local troop (same district actually), I know what an accomplishment that is.

Having said that, I don't know what kind of azzholes you have for recruiters who fail to see the significance of this event. You definately cannot miss your own Eagle Ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Congratulations on achieving Eagle Scout! As Committee Chair for our local troop (same district actually), I know what an accomplishment that is.

Having said that, I don't know what kind of azzholes you have for recruiters who fail to see the significance of this event. You definately cannot miss your own Eagle Ceremony.
    Thank you sir, they were gonna drop since I wasn't maki enough meetings so I told them I will make every meeting till I leave but the. I asked about my eagle scout and Ssgt got ****ed (SNCOIC) it was hard telling my dad the trooper leader I couldn't make it. I think it's a number for them so that they tell whoever is in charged of him that these manner out of these manner made it. I don't want to be kciked out off DEP but I really want to be there for eagle scout ceremony. How can I get it off or go about this

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you sir, they were gonna drop since I wasn't maki enough meetings so I told them I will make every meeting till I leave but the. I asked about my eagle scout and Ssgt got ****ed (SNCOIC) it was hard telling my dad the trooper leader I couldn't make it. I think it's a number for them so that they tell whoever is in charged of him that these manner out of these manner made it. I don't want to be kciked out off DEP but I really want to be there for eagle scout ceremony. How can I get it off or go about this
    Congrats on obtaining the Rank of Eagle Scout!!!
    I too am an Eagle Scout and was the First one in the Country when they changed the Merit badge Qualifications to the new system.
    I went to the White House and met President Nixon. ( Long time ago!!! ).

Good luck to you on your next Quest of earning the Title of a " United States Marine "

I don't want to be kciked out off DEP but I really want to be there for eagle scout ceremony. How can I get it off or go about this
    This had already been addressed and answered. Go back to the beginning and reread the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    This had already been addressed and answered. Go back to the beginning and reread the thread.
    Thank you ma'am but am just wondering if I'll make things worse by this. If I talk to the SNCOICs Boss. I don't want to get my balls stomped on for this. Cause I was almost kicked out. And how do I find outthere bosses number

You HAVE to make your own ceremony. Now, if you've been slacking on the other meetings, I understand the recruiters issues with you. HOWEVER, this is the 'exception' to the rule.

Man up, and go in person to the RS and ask to speak to the SNCOIC, and explain it. Take your father, scout leader, and district chairperson along.

And quite frankly, this is a 'once in a lifetime' event. If they drop you, then so be it. Start over and do better the next time. To me, it's THAT important.

Jeffrey, listen up.

My troop is in the same district, same council. You mentioned you're in Troop 60 out of Woodbury. I know your former Scoutmaster, Bob Tredinnick.

I will go with you to talk to your recruiters. You will not miss your Eagle ceremony.

Bob I remember bob he owns the farm out in WI. Great guy and his boys too.

You will? Thank you so much this means 12 years of dedication to me. You will you be available? I'll message you my dad/scout leaders number

Thread Information