What to do about my enlistment?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

What to do about my enlistment?

Ill tell you a little about me being in the DEP 1st.

I enlisted in May of last year and leave this June. I dont make the Poolee meetings to often due to work, homework, and the fact that I have moved 3 times since Ive been enlisted. I was 17 when I 1st enlisted and had just got a job at the same time so I was busy with training and vacations. For the past 5 months I call my recruiter every week like were spose to but dont make the meetings that often maybe once a month. My everyday I look foward to going to boot camp. Few months ago I took up working out since I realized boot camp is closer then it is. So I am preparing for my ship date. I have had 3 recruiters since then my 1st recruiter is a SSgt and the one I have now is a Sgt

Last week I called up my Sgt telling him I was on spring break and wouldnt be able to make the meeting he said he was going to bark at me but that I should prepare now before boot camp I agreed. And today I called him telling him I cant make PT tomorrow due to the fact my work just posted a meeting that everyone has to attened cause of shrink (Theft). He got ****ed and said that I am not dedacaded to going into the Marines, and I said that am a 110% going to give it in boot camp and I want to earn the title of a Marine. He then went on and said that he has wanted to drop me since he took over me but the guy who recruited me 1st (SSgt) didnt want too. The SSgt knows about how my home life is. But he went on to say that he was going to go to the meeting tomorrow and tell SSgt to drop me. I told him i'd make the meeting and quit my job if it came down to me going into the Marines. He said he is 99.9% sure he is going to drop me and said he will make sure no other recruiters recruite me. Ive come 11 months not to just be dropped now but to finish the other 2 months and leave.

I also gave him my SS card back in Dec. and since then have never gotten it. I ask him every week and he says oh ill give it to you next week. I'm tried of that. My employors need it. And he also wont get me my contract so I can look it over. He said he is unable to get it and that Ill see it on MEPs. Well by then its to late. ( I asked to make sure I have the right MOS field and rank (E-2 since I made Eagle Scout)).

What should I do I go into tomorrow for the meeting but am gonna get there early to talk to the Sgt. What if he wants to drop me? and if he doesnt how do I see my contract?

A fellow Marine (Sgt) I work with said go in and stay calm and talk to the Sgt if he wants to drop you say you want to talk to the SSgt (The guy who recruited me aka his boss) and talk to him about explain everything about how I want to get my ducks in a row and go to boot camp and see my contract. If they both want to drop you he said go higher up and explain about the lost of my SS card and contract and how you want to leave to boot camp.

Based on what you said, your recruiter sounds like a piece of ****. If I were you, I would go to the office and ask him again, in person for your SS card and to see your contract. If he gives you any excuses, then calmly ask to speak to the SNOIC. Also, you are not required to go to any Poolee events/meetings/functions. Once you sign your contract, all you have to do is run an IST, keep your nose clean, talk to your recruiter once a week, and show up to go to boot camp. Talk to your recruiter first, but if you need to take it higher up his chain of command.

Quote Originally Posted by fs19 View Post
    Based on what you said, your recruiter sounds like a piece of ****. If I were you, I would go to the office and ask him again, in person for your SS card and to see your contract. If he gives you any excuses, then calmly ask to speak to the SNOIC. Also, you are not required to go to any Poolee events/meetings/functions. Once you sign your contract, all you have to do is run an IST, keep your nose clean, talk to your recruiter once a week, and show up to go to boot camp. Talk to your recruiter first, but if you need to take it higher up his chain of command.

Who would the SNOIC be

My Marine friend said just talk to the Sgt if he is wanting to drop you talk to his boss (SSgt my 1st recuiter) and explain everything and if he wants to drop me move to his boss.

The thing am worried about is getting dropped for a day and coming back and not having the same job cause the Sgt said he would give it away 03xx and ship date cause i dont think i can be enlisted any longer

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can't make any sense of this. Are you saying you have been through the entire MEPs process and don't have a copy of your contract? If your SS card was lost a year ago then it is gone. Go get a new one. How did you get a ship date 13 months after your initial enlistment and why?

You do not have any fellow Marines .... at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I can't make any sense of this. Are you saying you have been through the entire MEPs process and don't have a copy of your contract? If your SS card was lost a year ago then it is gone. Go get a new one. How did you get a ship date 13 months after your initial enlistment and why?

You do not have any fellow Marines .... at least not yet.
    Back in May I took the ASVAB sign the papers and am in the DEP. I also got a contract at the time which I still have. I asked for an updated version that has my MOS I picked and that it says something about E-2 (from being an Eagle Scout). It hasnt been a year and I dont know if its even lost cause he keeps telling me Ill find it for you next weekend.

Yeah hopefully

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok .... assume it is lost. Grab your birth certificate and your drivers license and some other form of ID and go down to the SS office and get a new one. Hopefully you know your SS number. What MEPs did you go through back in May?

Actually go to the recruiting office and discuss your issues face to face.

I went through the one in St Paul, MN sir. Yes sir am going down there tomorrow to speak with him face to face. How do you think I should do this if he says he is going to discharge me

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Schmidt View Post
    I went through the one in St Paul, MN sir. Yes sir am going down there tomorrow to speak with him face to face. How do you think I should do this if he says he is going to discharge me

Ask him to outline the reasons for dropping you. Then you can counter with your current real life issues, that you should have told him about.

Then if he proceeds to try and drop you, just say you want to take this up with his superior. Don't let him push you around or scare you. You have to be able to support yourself before you leave.

When did Poolie meetings become mandatory?!

Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    Ask him to outline the reasons for dropping you. Then you can counter with your current real life issues, that you should have told him about.

Then if he proceeds to try and drop you, just say you want to take this up with his superior. Don't let him push you around or scare you. You have to be able to support yourself before you leave.

When did Poolie meetings become mandatory?!
    I have no idea sir, all of a sudden he said I haven't been making them and he wants to drop me

Am going in to talk to him now I'll tell you how it goes when I get back

Your recruiter is nuts. Poolee functions are not mandatory, although it is good to go to them as often as possible. Granted, I never went to any because my recruiter's office was 50 miles away and I didn't have the money to spend on gas at the time, I was more worried about finishing high school anyways. Regardless, he can't just "drop" you either, that's ridiculous. You signed a contract and have been approved for enlistment. The only way he can drop you is if he finds or fabricates something that could disqualify you from enlistment.

Just be respectful when you talk to him about giving you crap and tell him there's nothing that can be done. Your current living situation supersedes the Marine Corps at present time because you aren't in the Marine Corps yet (although technically you are). If he keeps giving you crap just tell him (again respectfully and tactfully) you would like to speak to his superior and squash the situation.

All I know is this kid made the same post a few days ago, I told him the same thing you all are telling him now. He blew me off, and ignored me, I know he read my reply to. Then he comes in here again making the same thread, with the same problems. Others reply, and he takes the time to respond to them. Apparently I don't rate, so honestly as far as I'm concerened I don't care what happens to this kid. You all can help him, but I'm not.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94801

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As a related item (since you keep bringing it up), when did you make Eagle Scout (Court of Honor date)? When was your Board of Review? What is your Scouting Council name, city, and state? What is your Troop # and city?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    As a related item (since you keep bringing it up), when did you make Eagle Scout (Court of Honor date)? When was your Board of Review? What is your Scouting Council name, city, and state? What is your Troop # and city?
    I made it a about a month and 1/2 ago.

Everything is good now I went down there to talk to the guy who recruited me and he said my Sgt is just mad and misunder stode me when I was on the phone with him and said I had to go to work (He though I ment just go to work and not the IST) when I really ment I had to walk into work cause ill be 2mins late. When I was there he said I had to do the following for the IST 5 pull ups, 60 crunches, 13:30 mile 1/2 (I thought it was 2 pull ups) When I took it I did 7 pull ups, 70 crunches, 11:15 mile 1/2. I showed him I improved cause last month was 2 pull ups, 60 crunches, 13:45 run.

Anyways I told him I would get everything straighten out at work make those meetings and Ill show him I really care and want to improve.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I too am curious. What was your eagle scout project?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I too am curious. What was your eagle scout project?

I built 20 benches for a Vet's camp
    And my brother built 20 tables for the same camp.

Thread Information