Wounded Marines - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wounded Marines

I dont doubt the Semper Fi Fund. I doubt the 'active giving' website set up in your name. My donation should go directly to the Semper Fi Fund in their name. I know of no charitable organizations that allow a donation to go to a website set up by an individual.

I also question why your first post says it's for the Wounded Warrior fund, and now you say it's for the Semper Fi Fund.

Also, I don't know of any Marines who find it to be a joke to place another rank, especially a Four Star General as their avatar. Marines are proud of their rank, be they a private or a General.

My skepticism continues to freely abound.

Total Donations: $0.00
    Goal: $10,000

Zero? I guess I'm not the only skeptical one.

Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    I dont doubt the Semper Fi Fund. I doubt the 'active giving' website set up in your name. My donation should go directly to the Semper Fi Fund in their name. I know of no charitable organizations that allow a donation to go to a website set up by an individual.

I also question why your first post says it's for the Wounded Warrior fund, and now you say it's for the Semper Fi Fund.

Also, I don't know of any Marines who find it to be a joke to place another rank, especially a Four Star General as their avatar. Marines are proud of their rank, be they a private or a General.

DITTO

Ditto for me also.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm not doubting your word but like others I'd like to see some contributions from your friends in the D.C. area, to at least kick off the fund. Maybe you could start the ball rolling? At least that's a show of faith

BTW, I was stationed at the Pentagon from '91-'98, use to go over to the Navy Yard from time to time. They had this great park with about 20-30 bronze cannons, quite impressive. Can't think of the parks name, you must know the one I mean?

Last edited by USNAviator; 04-07-10 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Lousy spelling!

Agreed, put your real rank or something else. Have some class.

I ran the Marine Corps Marathon in '89. It was in November then so you still have plenty of time to build your credibility. Good luck and check back around October first and I may donate if you arent calling yourself a General anymore.

A Captain organized about 30 of us from the So Cal area; and somehow he got us orders, so he could get us a plane and barracks in Quantico for a week.
    It was definitley one of the highlights of my time in the Corps. They had a beer wagon at the finish which was at the Marine Corps Memorial.

There was a very slow walking start, it took me about 10 minutes to even cross the starting line.

I turned 21 about 2 weeks before the event so I remember enjoying several other beers that week, in Quantico.

All summer and fall, I ran about 12-15 miles about 4 or 5 times a week around El Toro and Tustin.
    Since I had invested so much training time I went ahead and ran the Las Angeles Marathon about 4 months later. It was not nearly as fun.

For our return flight we had to take a bus up to Dulles where they weren't really aware of the marathon. It was hilarious to see the looks on the faces of the air force flight attendants who thought they must have done experiments on us or something. Imagine 30 Marines of various ranks all limping, hobbling, or walking backwards up the staris into the plane.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great memory Sean!

I ran it when I was stationed in Quantico. There are prepatory races leading up to it every couple weeks. 10k's up to half marathons. If the lad is for real he should look into that.

Thread Information