3000 miles and bad timing - Missing his girlfriend's graduation from Parris Island. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    1 year old thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I've searched my brain housing group for a scenario where a boot on leave could just ramdomly go to 29 palms and get billeting, meals and transportation. I can't think of one where the stars line up. Seriously? Are they planning on hiding her in the barracks or something?

It is unrealistic to plan on burning 10 days boot leave to fly to LAX then line up some sort of transportation to 29 palms then get billeting and a meal pass then get a ride back to the airport and fly to NC for follow on training. You pull it off and she'll still spend most of her time sitting in a hotel watching tv.

Her boyfriend might get some libbo but trust me the command aint gonna drop everything so a PFC can spend some time with his girlfriend.
    They used to have a place called the Hostess House on most bases, but these days they probably call it something else. A room was pretty cheap there and you could stay for a few days and visit whomever. Used to be reservations were required about a month before the stay.

What's up with bringing back these old threads?

Thread Information