To All Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and Mississippi Poolees
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

To All Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and Mississippi Poolees

I'm a Poole from Huntsville, Alabama and this weekend my recruiter notified me of a region wide poolee crossfit competition. He said it was in either April or May, but he wasn't sure. If anyone has any info on this, please tell all that you know.

I havent heard anything from my recruiter or any of the other Marines about that. I know we have an all hands pool function on the 27th of this month for the rss's in georgia. Ill ask the Marines tomorrow.

It may be for the poolees in alabama, mississippi, and tennessee, because that's how the crossfit sectionals were. I have no clue if their similar or not in terms of region grouping.

My recruiting station has been talking about this for months now. It's supposed to be the first week of April (I think). My recruiting station has won for the past three years. Plan on winning this year too. See ya there lol. Oh, by the way, we're RSS Vestavia Hills.

It all comes down to what the WOD's are this year. RSS Huntsville did pretty well last year. Do you remember a poolee by the name of Butterfield?

Hmmmmm. I probably do know him. I'm not that good with names.

It's ok you don't. he's at recruit training right now anyway. he got 2nd last year. Are you sure that it's the last weekend in April, like the 30th and May first?

Oh ok, this will be my first one so I actually may not know him. It might be the last weekend of April. I remember we had to sign a form at our pool function this past saturday for it.

Ok, I'll ask my recruiter next week when I go to PT.

Ok. Sounds good.

Do you do crossfit?

What is crossfit?

Crossfit is a style of body conditioning that uses olympic style weight lifting such as dead lifts, squats, clean and jerk, etc, as well as gymnastic bodyweight exercises, and sprinting. exercises are usually grouped into rounds that are done back to back.
    Here's an example of one of the workouts called "The Murph"

1 mile run
    100 pullups(crossfitters kip(using momentum of the body to perform a pullup))
    200 pushups
    300 body weight squats
    1 mile run

all done for time.

Sounds interesting. Might have to give that a try one day

I'd recommend it since that's what we're going to be doing at the poolee games. here's an example from "The Toughest Future Marine Competition" from last october:

Friday, October 2

3 Way Barbell AMRAP WOD:

3 Minute AMRAP (Reps), all movements are 135# men/95# women
    3 Minute Dead Lift (Must show all 4 fingers at the bottom of each lift, lock out hips at the top of each lift)
    Rest 1 min
    3 Minute Thrusters
    rest 1 min
    3 Minute Power Cleans (Must stand completely in the rack position before lowering or dropping the bar)

Total Reps for all 3 movements is your score.

Saturday, October 3

WOD 1 (approx. 8am):

3 Rounds For Time:
    Run 800m (Course is off-road)
    50 Kettlebell Swings (53#/35#)

WOD 2 (approx 12pm):

“Festive 40” Chipper

Complete 40 Reps of the following for time:
    Push Ups
    Sand Bag Squat Cleans (50#/30#)
    Box Jumps
    SDHP (53/35 kettlebell)