what to do about drunks - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Right or wrong, meh. It aint no piano recital !

It would have only happened once with me, after that, that Lance would surely have looked for easier pickings somewhere elsewhere

Last edited by buggoffextco; 03-09-10 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling error

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up A Good Ass Whipin' Never Hurt Anyone It Taught Them A Lesson

A good Ass whipin' has helped many a Marine get an Attitude adjustment and they started acting right,WTF has this World turned into?No Fucing Respect

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My son took it up through the proper channels , he did the right thing in not pummeling this kid , he would have wound up in trouble , he has taken his fair of crap from the other members of his unit as he should have But no one should have to put up with drunk , busting b@#ls in one thing but forcing your way into a room at midnight is another . his NCO's took care of the problem

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    How about let him deal with it on his own. Nothing more embarresting that a "Marine's" parents still involved and trying to step in or run his son's life when they joined to grow the hell up! Let him grow. I am taking it that you probably even pay his bills for him too....wow! Marines are counseled and go through safety briefs and get word or passdown all the time..."your PFC" knows what to do...his COC has probably told him on numerous occations that if you run into ANY trouble, call me or text me so we are informed! FINAL NOTE: GROW UP PFC and STOP CALLING MOMMY AND DADDY!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    he did the matter is done and over with , I will not be visiting this site again so you can stop commenting every one has an opinion and your entitled to it

Quote Originally Posted by pfcdad View Post
    he did the matter is done and over with , I will not be visiting this site again so you can stop commenting every one has an opinion and your entitled to it
    You came in here and asked our opinions. Don't ask a Marine what he/she thinks unless you are prepared for an honest response.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    A good Ass whipin' has helped many a Marine get an Attitude adjustment and they started acting right,WTF has this World turned into?No Fucing Respect
    Things have changed since our day, Fist. More's the pity. Back then somebody would have been knocked down a ladderwell, or have some other hard object laid upside their head. Not to mention what the Platoon Sergeant would do the next day.

Everything has gotten too PC. Ain't the kid's fault, he has to follow the rules for his own sake.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    You gave proper advice....

However he should get ahold of the Duty NCO or the Officer of the Day and have it logged in the duty log.

Also when something like this happens it is natural to defend oneself....but he needs to just get out of the room and report it to those duties who should determine either to subdue the drunk or call security..(MP's)

Marines don't do that type of behavior and the obnoxious drunks are trying to show thier azz.

I certainly would tell...because fighting them unless your life is in danger is only prolonging the problem and could also result to hazing.....and someone getting hurt or worse.

I beat the crap out of drunk, young PFC at CLNC one night for squirting a fire extinguisher under my door. I tried to cut him a break, but he was too out of it and then wanted to get mouthy. I put a 5 pound weight in my hand and punched him in the face. Message understood then.

I don't see a problem with what pfcdad posted. He's a concerned parent, it's natural to want to guide your kid. He's just looking for advice to pass along to his son, it's not like he's calling up his son's command and demanding justice.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't see where anyone hazed pfcdad. Many just offered personal anecdotes and experience as well as recommendations. Possibly he took it wrong. The internet makes it difficult at times to relay your feelings. If he was looking for the word charge sheet or 1st Sgt to come out it aint likely in a grunt unit.

Sounds to me like someone needs to grow up and fight their own battles.

I guess things are alot different now then when I was in from 89-93. We dealt with most of these trivial isses amongst ourselves. If it got out of hand or we couldnt handle it then NCO justice was handed down. There wasnt a need to get you platoon in the eyes of the 1st Sgt or higher ups. Political Correctness is killing everything I as a Marine held near and dear.

My father (Marine Corps Sergeant 67-71) would have chewed my ass for calling him and crying about being picked on.

Most certainly a Grunt Unit. If it doesnt kill ya it only makes ya stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I don't see a problem with what pfcdad posted. He's a concerned parent, it's natural to want to guide your kid. He's just looking for advice to pass along to his son, it's not like he's calling up his son's command and demanding justice.

I don't see what the big deal is.
    No issue with his question, however, he wasn't pleased with the fact that no one gave a crap and this was something we all experienced to some extent.

His kid sounds like a wiener either way, i would never have told my parents how much being a boot sucked, especially if i was a mega impressive martial artist like this guy.

Thread Information