0811 Canoneer
Create Post

Thread: 0811 Canoneer

Exclamation 0811 Canoneer

Hey everybody. Hoping to become a Marine soon, and am interested in the Artillery field. Can anybody tell me a little more about this MOS. The good's, the bad's, I'd like to hear it all. Thank you.

You do know that you can post in the Ask A Marine forum.
    Anyway, don't know if you read this or not.......

MOS 0811 - -Field Artillery Cannoneer

Type of MOS : PMOS
    Rank Range: MGSt to Pvt
    Job Description: As a member of a field artillery howitzer battery, cannoneers prepare artillery pieces and equipment for movement, combat, and firing. They inspect and prepare ammunition for firing, and perform the various jobs incident to firing such as, laying for elevation and deflection, loading the piece, and handling ammunition. Field artillery cannoneers perform preventive maintenance and clean artillery pieces and equipment. They make routine tests and authorize repairs to equipment. Camouflage position, protect equipment from chemical warfare agents, and construct field fortifications.

Job Requirements:
    (1) Must possess a GT score of 90 or higher.
    (2) Complete the USMC Cannon Crewman Course and demonstrate qualification through performance for MOS 0811; or completion of the appropriate MCI courses and demonstrate qualification through MOJT.

Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 3501.26A, Artillery Unit Training and Readiness (T and R) Manual.

Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
    (1) Field Artillery Crewmember 378.684-018. (2) Field Artillery Senior Sergeant 378.132-010.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0811.htm

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC FAN21 View Post
    Hey everybody. Hoping to become a Marine soon, and am interested in the Artillery field. Can anybody tell me a little more about this MOS. The good's, the bad's, I'd like to hear it all. Thank you.
    My school was in the same area as the Marines. Granted I didn't see everything, but it seems they got a good canvas of the firepower available to them. Spent a lot of time on the Triple Sevens.

I was one ask away or PM me I'm sure things have changed from my time, when it absolutely has to destroyed overnight call in Marine Artillery, OOHRAH.

Thread Information