MCT (Marine Combat Training) - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes males/females are together. My platoon had 23 or so females in our platoon. So it's not like they were training a mile away from us, they were with us the entire time besides in the squad bays. Obviously those are separated, as well as other obvious things such as the heads.

But as far as everything else, you'll have males/females around you the whole time.

Eh i had a blast there but im sure any info i give u will be ****ed up i heard they changed it up alot

I remember when i went through it was only 14 days and it went by fast for me. before i knew it i was at CourtHouse Bay checking into my MOS school!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveOfCountry View Post
    1st BN, Alpha Co, PLT. 1000
    You're a Marine now, so you shouldn't your profile now be upgraded to 'Marine'? It still says Poolee.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan View Post
    You're a Marine now, so you shouldn't your profile now be upgraded to 'Marine'? It still says Poolee.
    he doesn't have that ability to do that. Admin of the site has to do it upon request!

When i went to MCT it was overflowing and i was one of the luck ones that got put in ITB to train with the grunts. It was basically the same, just a bit more in debt, and we had more things like weekend liberty, cell phones, and we were allowed to bring tobacco into the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    he doesn't have that ability to do that. Admin of the site has to do it upon request!
    Aha! I learn something new every day.

Maybe he will notice the comments and contact admin. He's earned the title, so he may as well claim it.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    Male Marines go through MCT with WM's now?

It started in '97 when I was there as a Instructor.

4th Battalion at PI use to cover the "basics" with the WM's during boot camp. Then the WM's would go straight to the MOS school. In '95-'96, someone said that was not "fair". So, the WM's started going to the MCT trainnig at Gieger.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader20 View Post

4th Battalion at PI use to cover the "basics" with the WM's during boot camp. Then the WM's would go straight to the MOS school. In '95-'96, someone said that was not "fair". So, the WM's started going to the MCT trainnig at Gieger.
    And from what i saw when i went through they had their own platoon and were kept away from the males! I went to MCT from November 1-14, 1997

Went through MCT in 1989 and tghere wasnt a female in site. While on Geiger we stayed in the 1940's white barracks where the head was in another broken down shack across the street from where you slept. Grabbed our gear and spent the next few weeks in the field.

After "graduation" all the grunts packed our crap and dragged it 2 blocks down to our new barracksfor SOI which was in worse shape then the previous one. They were some great times.

I went to MCT, in 2001 it wasn't to bad, I suppose. Got there checked in, that night we all got set up in the barracks, the Instructors let us chill, go the the smoke pit, etc. The next morning we got officially checked in, gear, etc, etc. Chow sucked really, but we had weekends free, I got lucky didn't have to stand fire watch while I was there. Spent all week in the field, and the weekend at the beach chilling, and boogy boarding. Craziest thing I remember from MCT, was a grenade on the grenade range didn't explode. Some old crusty Master Sergeant from EOD showed up, walked on the range without any protective gear. He picked up the grenade looked at it, set it down, put something on it. He walked off the range, and blew it up. That was crazy stuff right there, the other crappy thing I remember was sitting up on top of some mountian in a rain storm freezing my butt off, because I didn't have my gumby suit. All in all it was a good time though.

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    I went to MCT, in 2001 it wasn't to bad, I suppose. Got there checked in, that night we all got set up in the barracks, the Instructors let us chill, go the the smoke pit, etc. The next morning we got officially checked in, gear, etc, etc. Chow sucked really, but we had weekends free, I got lucky didn't have to stand fire watch while I was there. Spent all week in the field, and the weekend at the beach chilling, and boogy boarding. Craziest thing I remember from MCT, was a grenade on the grenade range didn't explode. Some old crusty Master Sergeant from EOD showed up, walked on the range without any protective gear. He picked up the grenade looked at it, set it down, put something on it. He walked off the range, and blew it up. That was crazy stuff right there, the other crappy thing I remember was sitting up on top of some mountian in a rain storm freezing my butt off, because I didn't have my gumby suit. All in all it was a good time though.
    i was on Gieger in April 2001 for Corporal's Course. I had a blast doing that for 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    i was on Gieger in April 2001 for Corporal's Course. I had a blast doing that for 2 weeks!
    I started Corporals Course, that was when they where sending Lance Corporals. Didn't finish due to medical reasons, and my PEB. Not sure if they still send Lance's or not. Btw I was a west coaster at first, Boot, and MCT. Semper Fi!!!

Things I learned at MCT (way back in the day):

1) It is entirely possible to warm your hands from the light coming from a chevy suburban headlight before the sun comes up.

2) Don't feel like you are lucking out if the training schedule omits one of the humps because of Christmas. We set a time record on one of the others because of it.

3) No matter what, you will not be able to beat one of your troop handlers at setting the H&T on an M2 if he is a machine-gunner by trade. No matter what the "prize" might be.

4) It is possible for it to be colder in Southern California in December than it is in Oklahoma in January.

5) Somehow people can lack the energy to keep up on a hump but still be able to get into a fist fight with you when you try to pass them.

6) If driven hard enough you can hallucinate even on just a 16 mile hump. "Didn't you just see that guy in the HazMat suit standing by the edge of the road?" Blank stares.

7) On the way out of the chow hall, stepping on a rotting plank in a wooden deck, punching through and wedging yourself up to your groin between the 2 adjacent planks, gashing the heck out of your thigh in the process, might not necessarily get you out of training. The guy looked like an amputee and the firemen had to come chop him out. 30 minutes later (with the help of some gauze and superglue) he was humping along beside me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader20 View Post

Holy cow...I just looked at you profile pic, and I think you may have been one of my instructors.
    I know there were females there in Feb 1997 when I went through, but we were kept away from each other. The training for males and females was totally seperate.

Thread Information