Cowboys and there Tractors - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cement?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    We can include Trucks and Heavy Equipment in this thread Buddy???
    Yeah, My Whole Family was involved in The Teamsters Union Labor Movement from the Beginning!!!

My Grandfather moved Frieght with a Wagon and a 6 horse team before they Organized and then went the way of Tractors and Trailers.

I'm going to see if my Dad will make a copy of that picture and send it to me so I can post it.

I feel better now.
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky
    Have you heard from Jimmy lately, Rocky? He still owes me five bucks. He stuck me for lunch! S/F11 Ken

Oh, Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    Hey y'all,does a John Deere lawn tractor count ?
    If not,then I'm out of here..............
    I had a JD 140. 48in. mower deck, PT driven 48in rototiller,with hydraulic lift, PT driven shallow trench , rotary digger, and a quarter yard, bucket loader on the front. My sons and I, pulled engines out of our cars with that loader, including big V8s. Had that one for over ten years. Finally the engine blew, and I put the the whole thing in storage for another ten. Finally, I sold it off, a piece at a time, until there's nothing left, but the memory, and one hucap.
    S/F!! Ken

Well im no farm boy even though my dad was but as a 1345 i love my tractors from the 5k to the cranes except for the MMV that thing is a piece of ****. But my favorite has to be the old TRAM. Or to everyone not in the 1300 MOS or civillians a Front End Loader. You could beat the **** out of it, it could negotiate terrain u didn't think a wheeled vehicle could and that's with a 10k load. Then after u can switch to a bucket in 3 minutes and build a berm, level, doze, or remove random assorted ****. **** its so bad ass there is a picture of it working right on the front page of this very website.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is nothing like milking cows all day and then drilling corn all night with a full moon. We used a Farmall tractor forget the number of it to drill corn. I also liked turning or breaking ground. To me there's nothing like the smell of the soil just turned over.
    Semper Fi Redman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You know now days we are so careful with kids on tractors and in everything we do.
    When I was a kid I would be on the tractor every-time my grandpaw would crank it up. I'd here it starting and I'd come running no matter where I was.
    He would let me ride on the finder of that Ferguson and I better hang on. He would be plowing and in his own world. I have almost fallen off more than once. It was hard to hang on that finder especially when you were plowing a hill. Every once in awhile he would forget I was there and turn and spit tobacco juice on me. He was in his own little world.
    I watched every little thing he did back then and I guess that's how I learned to do most of what I know. By the time I could reach the clutch and break I could plow, back trailers and about anything. I could never learn to back those four wheeled trailers. My uncle could back two of them at once.
    Old farmer were very smart back then. We could all learn from our old timers.
    God Bless Old People
    Hell I'm getting to be one
    Semper Fi Redman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Morning Everyone,
    Got to go out after breakfast and see if I can crank that diesel Long tractor to fill up a couple of holes in the paddock. A little squirt of ether usually does the trick. I haven't cranked it in a week or so. It sure is good to have a tractor to help around here. I might even have to scrape the driveway if it keeps on snowing.
    Semper Fi Redman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I had one tractor when i was very young,it was a John Deere,had the best looking green paint and the wheels were painted yellow and was in mint condition.wasn,t very fast because my little feet could not push them peddles real fast,but down hills was a blast.wish i still had it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Jim that was good!!
    Semper Fi Redman

My 2 cents....

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
    Semper Fi Redman

A cowboy never has enough guns, horses or pick-up trucks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cowboys and there Tractors

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung View Post
    A cowboy never has enough guns, horses or pick-up trucks.
    Semper Fi Redman

Pedal power!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jim View Post
    I had one tractor when i was very young,it was a John Deere,had the best looking green paint and the wheels were painted yellow and was in mint condition.wasn,t very fast because my little feet could not push them peddles real fast,but down hills was a blast.wish i still had it.
    We bought one of them for our oldest grandson for Xmass, when he was 5yrs old. Betty, my wife, had to hide all the breakables, and pad the legs on the furniture, but man, did he have fun. That tractor lasted through seven grandkids. JDs are tough! S/F!!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I still have a Farmall H metal tractor I will take a picture of it and put it on my profile later.
    Growing up I never did like John Deere's because of the put put put they made but now days I wouldn't mind having one
    I still hope the day will come I can buy a Farmall H just to ride the neighborhood with and Karen can do the Parade wave.
    I will always have my Long 460 with the front end loader, it really helps around here.
    I have taught Karen to drive it and she does really good.
    A while back a neighbor can to pick up a big plow that was in our hay loft and I couldn't help so Karen took the tractor and hooked to it and lifted it out of the loft and set it into the bed of his little truck. He couldn't believe how good she was and told all the neighbor's about it. I'm proud of that girl, we do everything together.
    Semper Fi Redman

Jd Tough!

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    I still have a Farmall H metal tractor I will take a picture of it and put it on my profile later.
    Growing up I never did like John Deere's because of the put put put they made but now days I wouldn't mind having one
    I still hope the day will come I can buy a Farmall H just to ride the neighborhood with and Karen can do the Parade wave.
    I will always have my Long 460 with the front end loader, it really helps around here.
    I have taught Karen to drive it and she does really good.
    A while back a neighbor can to pick up a big plow that was in our hay loft and I couldn't help so Karen took the tractor and hooked to it and lifted it out of the loft and set it into the bed of his little truck. He couldn't believe how good she was and told all the neighbor's about it. I'm proud of that girl, we do everything together.
    Semper Fi Redman
    That PUT S/F!!! Ken

Thread Information