Any MOS's or SDA not allowed because of marriage
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Any MOS's or SDA not allowed because of marriage

Are there any MOS's or SDA that you aren't allowed to do because you are married?

I am not suggesting that I am married or have plans, but I just want to plan out what is best for me, and if I do decide to have one, my family.

I think if you are a Sgt and below and try for Marine Security Guard, that will be about all I could think of. That is only a B-Billet MOS though and is for 3 years (I think, correct me if I am wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by dlw558 View Post
    Are there any MOS's or SDA that you aren't allowed to do because you are married?

I am not suggesting that I am married or have plans, but I just want to plan out what is best for me, and if I do decide to have one, my family.
    In order to be assigned/selected for MSG with dependents, you must be a Staff Sergeant, unmarried Sergeants and below may apply as well.

It's the only "B" billet that has a dependency requirement.

Does that answer your question?

I'm not sure if it technically falls under MSG, but presidential guard duty has similar restrictions if memory serves. I also believe it extends beyond the President him/herself.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    I'm not sure if it technically falls under MSG, but presidential guard duty has similar restrictions if memory serves. I also believe it extends beyond the President him/herself.
    My boyfriend was selected to be screened for Presidential Security Force during boot camp and is just waiting on the results. If he gets this does that mean he has to break up with me or just can't marry me until he's done?

Quote Originally Posted by ktchic19 View Post
    My boyfriend was selected to be screened for Presidential Security Force during boot camp and is just waiting on the results. If he gets this does that mean he has to break up with me or just can't marry me until he's done?
    While the information doesn't have a security clearance associated with it, I'd prefer not to discuss this openly. I'll send you a PM.

Thread Information