new PT/running suit
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    josephd
    Guest Free Member

new PT/running suit

I finally received the new issued running suit and had a few questions.

I know the jacket is authorized with civilian attire by itself and the trousers aren't. But is the whole suit ok to wear out to run errands/bum around in?

I did a quick search but couldn't find answers

Though it goes against all rules we were taught i believe so..

The whole suit makes it PT gear, so I would say no.

I would agree with MLMonk. It really doesn't matter what the rules are, someone will have a problem with it, I guarantee that. I'm definitely no super-strict rules hound...but why do you want to roll around town in a track suit anyway? This isn't Iraq!

The whole suit is not currently approved for leave and liberty. However, the CMC is reviewing that rule.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post
    ..but why do you want to roll around town in a track suit anyway? This isn't Iraq!
    Because it is comfortable as hell....I am just a nasty reservist anyway so I am gonna do what I want

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    Because it is comfortable as hell....I am just a nasty reservist anyway so I am gonna do what I want
    lol, alright then.

i just got out of boot camp, and they told us, repeatedly that we couldn't wear the suit to do anything but PT

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iammarshall View Post
    i just got out of boot camp, and they told us, repeatedly that we couldn't wear the suit to do anything but PT
    this is what i really don't understand about getting these suits...

I have been told by numerous Marines that they aren't authorized for actual PT or to replace the standard green on green because not everyone has them and wouldn't be uniform. According to others also they aren't authorized for leave and liberty wear. They sure as hell are not gonna be UOD anytime so that leaves them basically a waste of material because other than wearing them around the house or in the barracks they have no use.

You might pay for that anyway.

REGULATIONS FOR THE WEAR OF MARINE CORPS PHSYICAL TRAINING UNIFORMS AND THE MARINE CORPS RUNNING SUIT

Date Signed: 5/19/2008
    ALMAR Active Number: 019/08
    R 162356Z MAY 08
    ALMAR 019/08
    UNCLASSIFIED//
    MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC//
    SUBJ/REGULATIONS FOR THE WEAR OF MARINE CORPS PHSYICAL TRAINING /UNIFORMS AND THE MARINE CORPS RUNNING SUIT// REF/A/MSGIDOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MCUB/31MAR2003//
    NARR/REF A IS MCO P1020.34G, THE MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS// POC/M. BOYT/YA-2/UNIT:MCUB/NAME: (703)432-4607/TEL703)
    432-4607 /EMAIL:MARY.BOYT@USMC.MIL//
    GENTEXT/REMARKS// RMKS/1. THIS ALMAR PUBLISHES REGULATIONS FOR THE WEAR OF MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL TRAINING (PT) UNIFORMS AND THE MARINE CORPS RUNNING SUIT.
    2. THE RUNNING SUIT IS MEANT TO COMPLEMENT EXISTING PT UNIFORMS, NOT TAKE THEIR PLACE. THE FOLLOWING GUIDANCE APPLIES:
    A. EXCEPT FOR THE CONDUCT OF PHYSICAL TRAINING, USMC PT GEAR IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR DURING LEAVE AND LIBERTY (TO INCLUDE THE GREEN UNDERSHIRT AND SHORTS), WITH THE FOLLOWING TWO EXCEPTIONS:
    (1) THE USMC SWEATSHIRT MAY BE WORN DURING LEAVE AND LIBERTY AS AN OUTERGARMENT OR AS A LAYERING GARMENT (E.G. UNDER A JACKET).
    (2) THE USMC RUNNING SUIT JACKET MAY BE WORN DURING LEAVE AND LIBERTY AS AN OUTERGARMENT. WHEN WORN ON LEAVE AND LIBERTY, THE RUNNING SUIT JACKET SHOULD BE ZIPPED AT LEAST HALFWAY TO THE TOP OF THE ZIPPER.
    B. THE USMC RUNNING SUIT CAN BE WORN IN ANY COMBINATION WITH THE GREEN PT SHORTS AND GREEN UNDERSHIRT, HOWEVER, THE RUNNING SUIT IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR IN ANY FORM WITH THE USMC SWEAT SUIT.
    3. APPLICABLE CHANGES TO THE REFERENCE MAY BE VIEWED AT
    HTTPSLASHSLASH)WWW.MARCORSYSCOM.USMC.MIL/SITES/MCUB/PAGES/UNIFORM%2
    0REGS%20CHAPTERS/UNIFORM%20REGS%20INDEX.ASP.
    4. THESE CHANGES ARE APPLICABLE TO THE MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE.
    5. QUESTIONS MAY BE REFERRED TO YA-2 M. BOYT, PROJECT MANAGER, MCUB (EMAIL MARY.BOYT@USMC.MIL), AT DSN 378-4607/COMM 703-432-4607, OR MR. RONALD SLOAN (EMAIL RONALD.SLOAN.CTR@USMC.MIL), AT DSN 378-4754/COMM 703-432-4754.
    6. SEMPER FIDELIS, JAMES T. CONWAY, GENERAL, U.S. MARINE CORPS, COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS.//

http://www.marines.mil/news/messages...NNINGSUIT.aspx

I know I read this somewhere but can't remember where.......
    It will be issued to Marines free of cost, having begun in February 2008 and will be mandatory possession by the end of FY 2010.In addition, Marines can wear a watch cap and gloves in cold weather, or a hydration pack to prevent dehydration.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    thank you WM

thank you WM
    You're Welcome!

I have yet to see the new PT Suit, guess they got way from the days of Green Shorts, and a Skivie shirt huh. Semper

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    I have yet to see the new PT Suit, guess they got way from the days of Green Shorts, and a Skivie shirt huh. Semper
    Here ya go Ben...........

Thread Information