Housing for family - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    So who would take care of him while you are at bootcamp?
    Himself he wont ask for help from family its always been me and am, i am hoping to put enough money in the bank before i leave to cover anything he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by F3RR3T View Post
    No you look like a Marine, Yes Marine.
    Yes, a female Marine.
    Don't take for granted that every Marine on this site is a male. Next time before you answer, check proflie.

Himself he wont ask for help from family its always been me and am, i am hoping to put enough money in the bank before i leave to cover anything he needs.

Thats honorable to be thinking that way but what about him taking care of himself? Is he physically able to? Bare with me here for a couple more minutes. Trying to get more info before giving you more info that you might need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    Yes, a female Marine.
    Don't take for granted that every Marine on this site is a male. Next time before you answer, check proflie.

You are going to have to change your sig-line to say "I AM A WM" or something down those lines. Seems a lot of people don't know you or look at your profile before responding to your post. Sometimes it's funny though.

Credits
    Savings
    Thats honorable to be thinking that way but what about him taking care of himself? Is he physically able to? Bare with me here for a couple more minutes. Trying to get more info before giving you more info that you might need to know.
    Hes physically able to take care of himself just unable to work.

Hes physically able to take care of himself just unable to work.

Your options are that..... your options. If you can provide proof that you provide 60% of his financial support, you should be able to get him added on as a dependent. Better check with a recruiter for that percentage though. I may be off on that. And I am not sure if you can take care of that prior to coming in. There are a couple of current and former recruiters on here that can weigh in on this topic. It may come down to wether he lives with you or on his own. If he lives with you and you support him financially, you can have him added as a dependent (pay and benefits will extend to him). I know a couple of people in that boat. In their situations, their parent lives with them at their home near their duty station. If you haven't talked to a recruiter yet, go talk to one and they will have the latest and greatest info to pass on.

One more thing..... How old are you?

Credits
    Savings
    One more thing..... How old are you?
    I am 19 my father is 65

Take time to go talk to a recruiter. Find out everything you can on your first visit and let us know what he/she says. This could be a learning experience for us too. Good luck.

F3RR3T:

Why the hell are you joining my Marine Corps? What the hell is your dad going to do if (heaven forbid) you ddon't get back from the war.

You couldn't have joined for the money. Do you realize how much you will be home.(very little) I would suggest that you think long and hard about the decision you seem to have made.

If you dad cannot work, why isn't he drawing wor,mans comp, SSi or some other govt. funds. If he is 65 he is eligible for Social Security. I rest my case.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    F3RR3T:

Why the hell are you joining my Marine Corps? What the hell is your dad going to do if (heaven forbid) you ddon't get back from the war.

You couldn't have joined for the money. Do you realize how much you will be home.(very little) I would suggest that you think long and hard about the decision you seem to have made.

If you dad cannot work, why isn't he drawing wor,mans comp, SSi or some other govt. funds. If he is 65 he is eligible for Social Security. I rest my case.
    He's not eligible for SSI due to the fact he hasn't payed income tax since 67. Once i got out of boot camp i figured i would relocate him to close by wherever i am stationed.

Credits
    Savings
    He's not eligible for SSI due to the fact he hasn't payed income tax since 67. Once i got out of boot camp i figured i would relocate him to close by wherever i am stationed.
    25 ****ing posts and the story comes out.

When were you going to divulge this info?

Nevermind!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    F3RR3T, this is JDWUSMC off GMFullsize...

Again while I commend you for wanting to join our beloved Corps, from everything I know about you so far from reading your posts here and on GMFS, I just don't believe its a right move for you with everything you have to worry about and your attitude that I can sense

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    F3RR3T, this is JDWUSMC off GMFullsize...

Again while I commend you for wanting to join our beloved Corps, from everything I know about you so far from reading your posts here and on GMFS, I just don't believe its a right move for you with everything you have to worry about and your attitude that I can sense
    Well hello there. My attitude is what i want to work on over the next few months. I no longer have the stress and drama of the X-fiance and the kids and i believe that will improve my attitude greatly. I know personally on a spiritual and mental level i need alot of work.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    25 ****ing posts and the story comes out.

When were you going to divulge this info?

Nevermind!
    didnt even think about it till it was brought up my apologies.

Thread Information