Medical History and Exclusions
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Medical History and Exclusions

I'm 25, and I just got divorced a few months ago. This is good because now I'm free to pursue my life long dream of becoming a marine. One problem though, 6 years ago i hurt my back at work, herniated a few disks. But now I'm fine, I have full range of motion and i can run all day, plus i lift weights and i feel confident that i can do anything. So my question is should I bring it up with the recruiter, and will it even show up in a medical history report? Will this keep me from becoming a marine?

1. Fill out all of you profile, it's in the rules. No one will answer your questions until then.
    2. When using the word Marine, it will be capitalized at all times.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I did not capitalize Marines in refrence to myself because I am not a marine, out of respect for those who have earned Thier anchors. I apologize for any offence, I have the utmost respect for Every Marine in the U.S.M.C. Ant thank you Marines

Dont know if it will keep you from becoming a Marine, your recruiter and the MEPS docs will have to decide that based on your physical and medical history. However, as to whether you should bring it up or not, you absolutely should, for two reasons. One, failure to do so could result in you getting kicked out later for fraudulent enlistment. You could hurt your back later and they'll discover there was a prior injury.

But more importantly, if you have to lie or hide something to get in, then you dont belong in the Corps. Marines have integrity and that means right from the get-go you need to be honest with the Corps and disclose your entire history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jables View Post
    I did not capitalize Marines in refrence to myself because I am not a marine, out of respect for those who have earned Thier anchors. I apologize for any offence, I have the utmost respect for Every Marine in the U.S.M.C. Ant thank you Marines
    By not capitalizing Marine, you are showing disrespect to those of us Marines who have EARNED it, and if you bothered to read the rules in the Poolee forum, you would've read this...
    [Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
    Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

And for your original question...Speak up so it doesn't come back to bite you in the butt.
    Did you ever hear of 'fraudulentenlistment?'

“Any person who—
    (1) procures his own enlistment or appointment in the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his qualifications for that enlistment or appointment and receives pay or allowances thereunder; or
    (2) procures his own separation from the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his eligibility for that separation;
    shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”
    Elements.

(1) Fraudulent enlistment or appointment.
    • (a) That the accused was enlisted or appointed in an armed force;

• (b) That the accused knowingly misrepresented or deliberately concealed a certain material fact or facts regarding qualifications of the accused for enlistment or appointment;
      (c) That the accused’s enlistment or appointment was obtained or procured by that knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment; and (d) That under this enlistment or appointment that accused received pay or allowances or both.
    (2) Fraudulent separation.
    • (a) That the accused was separated from an armed force;

• (b) That the accused knowingly misrepresented or deliberately concealed a certain material fact or facts about the accused’s eligibility for separation; and (c) That the accused’s separation was obtained or procured by that knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment.
    Explanation.
    (1) In general. A fraudulent enlistment, appointment, or separation is one procured by either a knowingly false representation as to any of the qualifications prescribed by law, regulation, or orders for the specific enlistment, appointment, or separation, or a deliberate concealment as to any of those disqualifications. Matters that may be material to an enlistment, appointment, or separation include any information used by the recruiting, appointing, or separating officer in reaching a decision as to enlistment, appointment, or separation in any particular case, and any information that normally would have been so considered had it been provided to that officer.
    (2) Receipt of pay or allowances. A member of the armed forces who enlists or accepts an appointment without being regularly separated from a prior enlistment or appointment should be charged under Article 83 only if that member has received pay or allowances under the fraudulent enlistment or ap pointment. Acceptance of food, clothing, shelter, or transportation from the government constitutes receipt of allowances. However, whatever is furnished the accused while in custody, confinement, arrest, or other restraint pending trial for fraudulent enlistment or appointment is not considered an allowance. The receipt of pay or allowances may be proved by circumstantial evidence.
    (3) One offense. One who procures one’s own enlistment, appointment, or separation by several misrepresentations or concealment as to qualifications for the one enlistment, appointment, or separation so procured, commits only one offense under Article 83.
    Lesser included offense . Article 80—attempts
    Maximum punishment.
    (1) Fraudulent enlistment or appointment. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 2 years. (2) Fraudulent separation. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.

Thread Information