Commandants' Birthday message...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Commandants' Birthday message...

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - 10 NOVEMBER 2009 Date Signed: 10/5/2009 ALMAR Active Number: 033/09

R 051329Z OCT 09
    UNCLASSIFIED//
    ALMAR 033/09
    MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
    SUBJ/UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - 10 NOVEMBER 2009// GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. UNITED STATES MARINES REPRESENT THE BEST YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN OUR NATION HAS TO OFFER. TO BE A MARINE IS TO BE A MEMBER OF AMERICA'S WARRIOR CLASS - TO BE ONE OF THE FEW WHO STEPS FORWARD WITH THE COURAGE AND CONVICTION TO FACE WHATEVER DANGERS AWAIT. OUR NATION EXPECTS HER MARINES TO BE READY WHEN THE NATION CALLS; TO LEAVE FAMILY AND THE COMFORTS OF HOME BEHIND; TO MARCH INTO BATTLE AND THRIVE UNDER AUSTERITY; AND TO COME HOME UNDER A VICTORY PENNANT.

2. FROM AL ANBAR IN THE WEST OF IRAQ, TO HELMAND PROVINCE IN THE SOUTH OF AFGHANISTAN, OUR CORPS OF MARINES CAN ALWAYS EXPECT TO BE FOUND WHERE THE FIGHT IS TOUGHEST. SUCH IS OUR HISTORY. TODAY, AS WE WRITE THE FINAL CHAPTER ON OUR VICTORY IN IRAQ, WE WILL INCREASINGLY TAKE THE FIGHT TO THE ENEMY IN AFGHANISTAN AND ADD NEW PAGES TO OUR LEGACY IN PLACES CALLED DELARAM, NOW ZAD, AND GARMSIR. ONE DAY, WE WILL RETURN TO OUR NAVAL HERITAGE AND PATROL THE HIGH SEAS WITH OUR NAVY BROTHERS. SUCH IS OUR FUTURE.

3. AS WE CELEBRATE OUR CORPS' 234TH BIRTHDAY, WE FIRST PAUSE TO REFLECT AND PAY TRIBUTE TO THOSE MARINES WHO HAVE GIVEN THE LAST FULL MEASURE IN DEFENSE OF FREEDOM. WE EXTEND OUR DEEPEST GRATITUDE TO OUR MARINE CORPS FAMILIES - THE UNSUNG HEROES WHO ENDURE HARDSHIP AND SACRIFICE SO THAT WE ARE ABLE TO GO FORWARD AND ACCOMPLISH ANY MISSION. WE EXTEND OUR APPRECIATION TO OUR COUNTRYMEN WHO HAVE ANSWERED OUR EVERY NEED. AND WE CELEBRATE THE MAGNIFICENT MEN AND WOMEN WHO WILLINGLY AND SELFLESSLY CONTINUE TO GO INTO HARM'S WAY TO PROTECT THIS GREAT NATION.

4. TO ALL WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE, TO THOSE WHO WEAR THE UNIFORM TODAY, AND TO THE FAMILIES THAT GIVE US THE STRENGTH TO FORGE AHEAD - I WISH YOU ALL A HEARTFELT HAPPY 234TH BIRTHDAY!

5. SEMPER FIDELIS! JAMES T. CONWAY, GENERAL, U.S. MARINE CORPS, COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS//

SEMPER FI, MARINES....AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY...!!!!!!!!

OOOORRAAHHH...
    SEMPER FI MARINES....

Oohrah!

Cant wait to celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday for the first time!

p.s. how is it celebrated in SOI? A drill instructor told us in Boot that we wont be wearing Blues......

Happy 234 Marines! I already got something special waiting for November 10th in the icebox!

Semper Fi!

Don`t need no happy birthday from some boot general.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....HAPPY 234th BIRTHDAY...MARINES!!!...from all F.M.F. Doc's

Happy 234th Birthday Brothers And Sisters. Semper Fi.

Marine Free Member d3vi1d06 4 life's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    happy 234th birthday brothers and sisters past and present

comming loud and proud from OIF

ooorah

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think I look pretty Dam good@Handsome for being 234 yrs.Young Yut Yut Semper~Fi~OOHRAH

Happy 234 Birthday to all my brothers and sisters!!!

As we celebrate 234 years defending this country as the most elite branch,{ 1 year older than the nation} we know that as long as we have patriots to heed the call, to try to become one of the most noble of all professions, the warrior, or "MARINE". Well than we might be able to stand down. I know that the call to be one of the few, the Marines, has been answered by the best of the best of our young men and women in this great country of ours, so to them and to my fellow brothers that have laid down the groundwork for the next generation of "DEVILDOGS". HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND SEMPER FI!!!!!

It's been 234 years already? Seems like only yesterday...
    Happy Birthday Marines ... OoohRah!!

I just watched the video that was awesome. Happy Birthday Marines, Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Happy Birthday to ALL my Brothers & Sisters! Ain't it wonderful that none of us look our age? Well.......................the majority of us anyway. Semper Fi ya'll!

Wow - 234 years; seems like it was yesterday when I "fell in on the yellow footprints"!

Watch the video -
    Marine Corps Birthday Message - http://prairiepundit.blogspot.com/20...y-message.html

OOHHRRAAHH - 8th & I - Hold 'em High - Semper Fi ... Carry On...

Thread Information