Marine Corps. Comissioning
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine Corps. Comissioning

Can someone tell me if there is a way I can end my enlistment to participate in NROTC and become a Marine Officer.

Just go enlisted first and then get your 4 year degree while on active duty and then become an officer. Be a mustanger

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert View Post
    Just go enlisted first and then get your 4 year degree while on active duty and then become an officer. Be a mustanger
    He's Active Duty Navy Poolee!!!

To answer the OPs question, NO!!!

Squid 09,

Ceckert and Rhode Island are both correct. If you do not have a college education already, you should enlist and take as much college as you can once you have your associates degree or equivilent points you can enter into several programs for crossing from Enlisted to Officer.

If you are truley interested in being an Officer you need to talk to your Officer recruiter in the area, not just the regular recruiters. You can enter into college with a ROTC program and in your first year be recurited into the Officer Corps upon successful completion of specific requirements: Completing OCS during your Sophomore and Senior Summer and some others.
    Hope this helps. The key is talking to the Officer recuriter and the ROTC Primary instructors at the college.

Yes, put in the NROTC scholarship, Marine Option. You still have to go to the Navy boot camp if the results are not back. However, when the results of the board get published, if you made it, you'll get discharged from active duty to attend a University with an NROTC.

Actually there is a Marine in my NROTC unit that this happened to. He put in for the scholarship at the same time he enlisted, got the scholarship and got discharged from some airwing school in pensacola to come to school in Idaho.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert View Post
    This is but another reason why poolees should not give advice.

Go to the 'tips for shaving' thread and straighten then out, since you have all the answers.

You can be their mentor.

Thread Information