Authorized uniform?....good idea? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Betcha this PFC will comeback and be like wtf happened to this thread, especially when NoRemorse is talking about where a bow tie like he's some kinda Chip and Dale male stripper ROFL!!
    Dress for success and only work with women

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Dress for success and only work with women
    Now thats professionalism right there

11002. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE DIRECTIVES PERTAINING TO UNIFORMS
    1. Implementing 10 U.S.C. 772, the President, by Executive Order 10554 of 18 August 1954, delegated to the Secretary of Defense the authority to prescribe regulations under which persons may wear the uniform. The following excerpts from DoD Directive 1334.1 of 11 August 1969 outline these regulations:
    "a. Members of the Armed Forces (including retired members and members of reserve components). The wearing of the uniform is prohibited under any of the following circumstances:
    (1) At any meeting or demonstration which is a function of, or sponsored by an organization, association, movement, group, or combination of persons which the Attorney Generalof the United States has designated, pursuant to E.O. 10450, as amended as totalitarian, fascist, communist, or subversive, or as having adopted a policy of advocating or approving the commission of acts of force or violence to deny others their rights under The Constitution of the United States, or as seeking to alter the form of Government of the United States by unconstitutional means.
    (2) During or in connection with the furtherance of political activities, private employment or commercial interests, when an inference of official sponsorship for the activity or interest could be drawn.
    (3) Except when authorized by competent Service authority, when participating in activities such as public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies or any public demonstration (including those pertaining to civil rights), which may imply Service sanction of the cause for which the demonstration or activity is conducted.
    (4) When wearing of the uniform would tend to bring discredit upon the Armed Forces.
    (5) When specifically prohibited by regulations of the department concerned.

And yes Gunny, the little NSD ribbon joke was a little jab, but at the same time I realize I don't have jack compared to you either, because you are a badass mother f'er. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    1. Implementing 10 U.S.C. 772, the President, by Executive Order 10554 of 18 August 1954, delegated to the Secretary of Defense the authority to prescribe regulations under which persons may wear the uniform. The following excerpts from DoD Directive 1334.1 of 11 August 1969 outline these regulations:
    "a. Members of the Armed Forces (including retired members and members of reserve components). The wearing of the uniform is prohibited under any of the following circumstances:
    (1) At any meeting or demonstration which is a function of, or sponsored by an organization, association, movement, group, or combination of persons which the Attorney Generalof the United States has designated, pursuant to E.O. 10450, as amended as totalitarian, fascist, communist, or subversive, or as having adopted a policy of advocating or approving the commission of acts of force or violence to deny others their rights under The Constitution of the United States, or as seeking to alter the form of Government of the United States by unconstitutional means.
    (2) During or in connection with the furtherance of political activities, private employment or commercial interests, when an inference of official sponsorship for the activity or interest could be drawn.
    (3) Except when authorized by competent Service authority, when participating in activities such as public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies or any public demonstration (including those pertaining to civil rights), which may imply Service sanction of the cause for which the demonstration or activity is conducted.
    (4) When wearing of the uniform would tend to bring discredit upon the Armed Forces.
    Talk about digging up the old. As long as the young Devildog follows the MCO's on the wear of our uniforms, he will be fine. Is it the preferred method, no. As mentioned, a suit and tie is the preferred way.

And yes Gunny, the little NSD ribbon joke was a little jab, but at the same time I realize I don't have jack compared to you either, because you are a badass mother f'er. Semper Fi

Sarcasm will get you no where with me. Especially on my Xmass card list.

Read the second part of that.

You cannot use your uniform to give (or appear to give) government credentials/approval to a private affair without prior approval from the Marine Corps.

In other words, there Devil Dog, you cannot wear your Dress Blue Deltas while working for Applebee's whilst you wait on tables or at a function where your promoting, say, Microsoft's products at a tech fair.

Looking for a job while representing only yourself is perfectly fine.

This is out of the MCO 1020.34G w/ch1-5:

1003. RESTRICTIONS ON WEARING UNIFORMS
    1. Members of the Marine Corps and Marine Corps Reserve, including retired Marines, are prohibited from wearing the Marine Corps uniform while engaged in any of the following activities, functions or circumstances unless specifically authorized by the CMC (PA):

a. Soliciting funds for any purpose from the public outside
    of a military base or establishment.

b. Participating in any type of show or event which is commercially sponsored for advertising purposes, where it could be implied or construed that the Marine Corps "endorses" the product advertised.

c. "Endorsing" commercial products in such ways as to involve the uniform, title, grade or rate, or in any way establish or imply their military affiliation with such products.

d. Appearing or participating in any event in public that would compromise the dignity of the uniform.

Since he is not doing any of the above, then he can wear the uniform if he so desires.

Gunny, with all due respect, I fail to see any sarcasm, unless you are being humble and you don't think of yourself as a BA mother f'er. But really Gunny, you're an awesome Marine, and I have the utmost respect for you

Agree with the suit and tie and the reasoning being the employer wants to know how well you'll represent them in the civ world.

First, since you live in the beautiful city of Phoenix with such areas as Tempe full of inhumanly gorgeous college girls, you can go f*ck yourself.

Secondly. I don't know of any "upscale" areas in Phoenix however, if there is one, like La Jolla in SoCal, it might be a bit humbling but not a bad idea to hit a thrift store close by. They usually have the more expensive suits. The kind you would never be able to afford as a college student. They are dirt cheap and in good condition. Cause it's a thrift store near a rich town, get it? Buy it, get it tailored, and you'll look like a million dollars for about $25.

Anything that gives you the edge in this economy or ever.

Gunny, with all due respect, I fail to see any sarcasm, unless you are being humble and you don't think of yourself as a BA mother f'er. But really Gunny, you're an awesome Marine, and I have the utmost respect for you
    Obviously I took you remarks wrong killer. That is usually how people throw around their sarcasm. As for being humble..... I have never been one for drawing attention to myself unless it is during training or times of war. I never needed to be rewarded..... I got that twice a month.

scottsdale, is a hoydeetoydee town,just right up the road from tempe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    Secondly. I don't know of any "upscale" areas in Phoenix however, if there is one, like La Jolla in SoCal, it might be a bit humbling but not a bad idea to hit a thrift store close by. They usually have the more expensive suits. The kind you would never be able to afford as a college student. They are dirt cheap and in good condition. Cause it's a thrift store near a rich town, get it? Buy it, get it tailored, and you'll look like a million dollars for about $25.

Anything that gives you the edge in this economy or ever.

Very good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    Sarcasm will get you no where with me. Especially on my Xmass card list.
    I'll send you a gift basket for xmas Gunny

Thread Information