prior service - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: prior service

it IS your Plt Sgt's job to answer your admin questions. Use him, put him to work.

The double posts was an accident. My friend is helping me type this since I have a hard time translating. She understands what I am trying to say. But thank you again. And i'm sorry I can not spell or write correctly, but as I said before, I am learning. Slowly but surely. There's only so many courses I can take at a time.

true, what did you score on the TOEFL?

I'd also suggest that you read as many books as you can, my wife says it's the best way for her (Japanese). I've found it works for me as well (learning Japanese). I've got childrens books, but I'd guess you'd be ok with more adult books.

He is not here right now but when he gets back i'll have him give you his score. He uses some of us as translators to help explain what he is trying to say. What rules did he break?

proper grammar and spelling. that's why the other Marines pounced. we get a lot of posers coming to this site.

i did not take any test, because it is not necessary to take to come to the united states. It is that the test to see if you get bonus pay for speaking another language?

oh alright. You have to be a little understanding that not all marines are scholars. There are many marines that we deal with on a daily bases who do not speak proper english.

Quote Originally Posted by telly141 View Post
    i did not take any test, because it is not necessary to take to come to the united states. It is that the test to see if you get bonus pay for speaking another language?
    sorry bro but there is a million biliguists in the Spanish/English language, the extra pay are for those that can speak other languages such as Russian, Chinese, Korean, Arabic etc. etc.

@ telly I understand, I've worked with a couple.

I meant to be more specific with the TOEFL question. If you're going to school you'll probably need to take it. It'll gauge where you are with English and set you up for either ESL or English 101. ESL don't count as credits but they will be important to excelling.

i was in us army before. And i could transfer my time there to my new militar status (currently i am usmc)
    I am learning to speak english correctly because it is my second language...i am trying as hard as i can to get up to speed on my english and my knowledge.
    No offense intended, but how long have you been working on improving your English language skills? It would seem that your time in the Army and now the Marines would be enough that you wouldn't need a translator helping you with a discussion board.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samthomas View Post
    No offense intended, but how long have you been working on improving your English language skills? It would seem that your time in the Army and now the Marines would be enough that you wouldn't need a translator helping you with a discussion board.
    Well, everyone learns at different rates, but my ex-wife came here from Cuba at 10-years old speaking no English. When I first met her she was 19 and I thought she was a native English speaker - no Spanish accent at all and an excellent vocabulary. Her English writing and reading were equally skilled. I found her English skills equaled or exceeded most Americans I knew. They still do.

That is true, and I wouldn’t criticize him for working at improving his language skills. I would wonder about the level of service he is able to provide, when he needs help to post to a discussion board.

Credits
    Savings
    Come on guys, you're all dropping nukes on this LCpl.

Two and a half years samthomas.

When i can't get my point across to Marine i am helping or i can't understand what they are telling me, i will ask for help. But for the most part i can get my point across. But as you all know, my grammar isn't the best.

Thread Information