In the winter, what do you wear on duty? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    When I was on active duty standing duty NCO, we wore cammies monday thru fridays and charlies on weekends. But to play it safe, check with your command's regs and abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    barracks duty in chucks... that's interesting, but as 84 said... it's command to command.. OOD was in chucks after hours but cammies durring work hours... odd I know.
    Cammies is the standard for almost every unit here at Miramar, except for one whose SgtMaj has decided to put them in Chucks. And their duty "office" is chilling outside at the foot of some barracks stairs, it drops to very cool (50's) out here at night, even now in the summer.

Certainly up to your command on what you can wear, I believe the standard assortment of snivel gear is authorized if worn properly; I wear my Gortex or Desert Jacket when its chilly at night.

unfortunately the last time I checked the beanie isn't authorized in service or dress uniforms.

unfortunately the last time I checked the beanie isn't authorized in service or dress uniforms.
    Common sense does apply SSgt. I'm sure most of the Corps is on target most of the time or not (I've seen some odd crap as any Marine can attest).

Glad to swing in the wing... Cammies cammies cammies. Just need a spiffy cover and a clean and properly worn duty belt and I'm good to go.

So lucky. I wish I could be able to wear cammies on duty again. Especially always being posted from 2200-0300 means no sleep at all...

haha... you must be new to the Corps!! haha... common sense... pssh.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    So lucky. I wish I could be able to wear cammies on duty again. Especially always being posted from 2200-0300 means no sleep at all...
    Tell me about it... I see it in the eyes of this other unit's duties. That look of This sucks I wish I was you. or I don't even want to be on duty!

Though I'm sure if we have enough Marines/Sailors mess up we can be there sporting service uniforms too.

haha... you must be new to the Corps!! haha... common sense... pssh.
    I'm a dreamer even at 4 years. Theres hope for even th- nevermind. Sometimes you can lead a Marine to a scuttlebutt but you can't make him drink....

Whoa, we didn't get put in charlies because someone ****ed up. The entire ground combat element of Marine Corps Base Hawaii wears chucks on duty now. I doubt they would put the gunnys and lieutenants on duty at regimental OOD in charlies of LCpl whatever got a DUI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's really simple: wear the uniform you're told to wear, along with any authorized accessories necessary to keep warm.

Waaaay back when I was in, when duty NCO meant supervising the shoveling of dino poop off the parade deck, we didn't have a whole bunch of fancy jackets and sweaters to wear. If you were in the uniform of the day, and it wasn't winter Bravo's or Alpha's, you put your field jacket on. We wore the field jacket in summer Bravos and Chucks, if it was that chilly (old salts knew how to tuck up that jacket to make it look decent).

If you were in winter Bravo's, well, out came the Alpha blouse and the black dress gloves. If you were still cold, out came the horse blanket. After that, you were just cold. They didn't promise you a rose garden.

The question wasn't "Do I wear what I'm told to wear?"

It was

"What do they normally tell you to wear in cold weather?"

But seeing as how most of you are in wing units you'd just put on a sweatshirt underneath your cammies and call it a day

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The question wasn't "Do I wear what I'm told to wear?"

It was

"What do they normally tell you to wear in cold weather?"

But seeing as how most of you are in wing units you'd just put on a sweatshirt underneath your cammies and call it a day
    Well, Matt, if you worked for me I'd tell you to wear warm clothing in cold weather. But we learned these common sense things in the air wing.

But, you are right about one thing. I never can recall standing the duty one time in an air wing unit wearing uniform of the day. 25-months service in wing units and never once wore UD standing the duty. And this in the semi-old Corps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    They didn't promise you a rose garden.

But they darn sure provide you with enough BullS&*T to fertilize one

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Well, Matt, if you worked for me I'd tell you to wear warm clothing in cold weather. But we learned these common sense things in the air wing.

But, you are right about one thing. I never can recall standing the duty one time in an air wing unit wearing uniform of the day. 25-months service in wing units and never once wore UD standing the duty. And this in the semi-old Corps too.
    I guess my question is, what would be more acceptable, bravos with wooly pully or alphas? I've never seen this so I dont know

I'd take that duty over the duties we did/do in the wing, I worked my ass off in the 130 degree flightline heat burning my hands on tools left in the sun for 1 minute, 12 hour work day, then take off the coveralls, put on the cammies, run up to the ready room post, then sit there awake until I see the sun come rising up again, get relieved, then go to the barracks to not be able to sleep because they are checking rooms on field day inspection, get yelled unintentionally for leaving my towel hanging after just taking a shower....LOL the good times.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OR, how about having to spend all day long in the cold to build missiles and you CAN'T wear your wooly pully or gloves or any kind of stocking cap on your head to hold a little heat in. THEN, to add insult to injury, you have to sit and watch them missiles to make sure nobody runs off with one. Who the hell is going to run off with a Sidewinder?

Thread Information