MCMAP instruction... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    you can't obtain a green belt until you are an NCO or get a waiver.... I doubt a "boot" Marine will get the waiver as the OICs judgment would be held into question as you don't belong to his unit.

get the grey, and you can train for green... get your hours logged in the book, and you could even train for brown and get your hours logged. as long as you do a refresher with your new instructor they will have to accept those hours you have logged.

then it'll take less time to get up in your MCMAP.

oh, I think 03XX can get a green belt... lupo you a grunt?
    Yes, SSgt, I'm an 03xx. I thought you have to be an NCO to get an instructor stripe? Didn't know there was a requirement for just a green belt.

And as far as my SDI having a stripe, I think I have "instructor" confused. I take instructor as the MAI's that we had for MCMAP at PI. I meant that he never did that kinda stuff as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    I personally know a couple Marines who were green belts when they were LCpls. They actually spent the better part of 4 weeks going straight from tan to green. And they def. aren't grunts.

No matter though. MCMAP is retarded. It just gives the closet homos a reason to get sweaty and mash against each other.

Not even Bruce Lee can kick a bullet's as*.
    Yeah I know what you mean. MCMAP can be fun sometimes, but I know some NCO's who can take it back to boot camp "TAKE A STANCE!" that type of **** was old in at Boot and will forever be. You won't learn stand-up or BJJ **** in MCMAP but I've seen what some black belts can do and it's amazing, but I think every new recruit wants to believe MCMAP will help them beat anyone's ass.

I saw a LCpl that got reclassed here (Fort Leonard Wood) that is wearing a black belt. Some of his fellow Marines told me that he was a prior Martial Arts instructor, as a civilian, but still went through all the MCMAP training to that belt. My question is that possible for a command to waive a LCpl to get that high of a belt?

There is a waiver for a person who has prior martial arts experaince and has proof of that experiance to go a few "belts" above thier rank. My friend was a instructor of Tao kwon Do when he was 17 and a 2nd black belt. He had his black belt in Kendo. i know black belt isn't the proper term for kendo but it is all I can think of now.

his command offered the course and he declined. He didn't beleive in MCMAP and to be honest all it is basic fighting 101 at best. But i am very biased IMO about this subject.

the real fighting is brown and black belt... everything else is just an introduction.
    quit bashing the stuff guys...

as for a Lance having black belt, back when they didn't have a lot of instructors they accepted black belts in martial arts as a waiver to have bb MCMAP... now they don't do that, so I doubt this happened.

Credits
    Savings
    They had that TV show a while back where that MMA fighter and the wrestler/pro football player went and fought different styles and when they got to the Marines, they actually had some difficulty fighting the Marines in a combat enviroment (simulated water fighting, etc). So it's not all "basic" fighting...my SDI was pretty bad ass with some of his take-downs and submissions!

You should get your SDI's name tattooed on your chest.

with a big heart! haha... lupo, it's called Stockholm Syndrome.... you'll get over it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    You should get your SDI's name tattooed on your chest.
    I second that.

Credits
    Savings
    I'll get right on that Cpls

Wow... so much confusion here... ill start with this...

Pvt-LCpl can obtain up to a Green Belt without a waiver. Just make sure to have all of your PME and MCIs complete and you wont have a problem.

The new MCO (forgot which one) requires all combat arms MOS's to be at least a green belt and all non combat arms MOS's to be at least a grey belt.

LCpls can obtain a Brown Belt through a waiver that is done by the Instructor and the Chain of Commands approval. You pretty much better be **** hot if your a LCpl and want a Brown Belt. I have had plenty of LCpls stay through brown belt, get there hours for it, then get denied the waiver because they do not have their MCIs done or other miscellaneous reasons. As far as a LCpl with a Black Belt - hell no.

Remember that everything in MCMAP is a combat mindset, so you are equiped with such gear and employ the gear through combat conditioning, knowledge, and actual techniques. We have our own martial arts program for a reason. MCMAP should not be considered stupid, it builds on the basic foundations for later training and trust me, you will want to have it.

Thread Information