Here's my Story... Assistance please?? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisrandy View Post
    ARMY....
    Go Army! Save yourself the drive.

Why r u trying to get someone who wants to be a MARINE try to become a soldier.....? You have no idea how good of a MARINE and how dedicated I would be..... I have nothing against the Army... nothing at all, But I'd rather be respected as a MARINE and have the heritage and tradition that follows...I am aware that the Army has a longer history, I want to be part of a Brotherhood that lasts for my entire life and my family's entire future when I'm gone.... That my friend, will come from being a MARINE...... You all should know more than me.... most of you are already Marines..... Now back to providing a future Marine with some guidance... thank you

Plenty of sound advice has been given. Find a recruiter who is willing to work with you...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...Instructor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by samthomas View Post
    Plenty of sound advice has been given. Find a recruiter who is willing to work with you...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...Instructor.jpg

LMAO.... thanks bro

how about calling him by his rank.

the Marine Corps is above it's numbers for AD personnel. NO ONE needs poolees. this is probably the best time to be a recruiter in the history of the Marine Corps... you can be set for the entire year for an office of 6 recruiters with 24 DEPers... good luck, but the ball is now in your court.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    how about calling him by his rank.

the Marine Corps is above it's numbers for AD personnel. NO ONE needs poolees. this is probably the best time to be a recruiter in the history of the Marine Corps... you can be set for the entire year for an office of 6 recruiters with 24 DEPers... good luck, but the ball is now in your court.

and Thank you SSgt Petzold for your added information as well. It is all much appreciated

I went back and re-read your post after reviewing the answers.

Here is the 'no bs' deal for you:

You cannot enlist while on probation. Period. It doesn't matter WHAT state you go to or who you talk to, you cannot, repeat, CANNOT enlist. NOT while on probation for ANY offense.

Simply put, you will NOT be able to become a Marine, in my opinion, not now and with the max dropoff age approaching. At least, at this point anyway. You might stand a chance once probation is over with in July of 2010, since you won't turn 29 until September, if you don't DEP but enlist for an immediate ship date. That's the only way.

It doesn't matter how motivated, how much you 'want' it, or how much money you are willing to pay, it's not a 'right' to enlist into the Marine Corps, or any branch for that matter.

The Army, in your case, is your best and most available option. Even the Army, however, WILL NOT enlist you on probation, and you'll need waivers for the criminal issues regardless.

A recruiter may wander in here eventually and give you more Intel, but based on what I know and what I've seen here, I don't believe the facts stated above are going to significantly change.

No, you are correct. I am aware that I cannot enlist while being on probation. However, one can enlist while on probation for minor traffic offenses, just nothing criminal. Just FYI. And I'm working on gettting the probation released. I am also aware that if I do get an early release I am not allowed to enlist until 90 prior to probation release. And the release MUST NOT be on Military bases or I will still have to wait out my entire term of the probation.

Thank you Sgt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I went back and re-read your post after reviewing the answers.

Here is the 'no bs' deal for you:

You cannot enlist while on probation. Period. It doesn't matter WHAT state you go to or who you talk to, you cannot, repeat, CANNOT enlist. NOT while on probation for ANY offense.

Simply put, you will NOT be able to become a Marine, in my opinion, not now and with the max dropoff age approaching. At least, at this point anyway. You might stand a chance once probation is over with in July of 2010, since you won't turn 29 until September, if you don't DEP but enlist for an immediate ship date. That's the only way.

It doesn't matter how motivated, how much you 'want' it, or how much money you are willing to pay, it's not a 'right' to enlist into the Marine Corps, or any branch for that matter.

The Army, in your case, is your best and most available option. Even the Army, however, WILL NOT enlist you on probation, and you'll need waivers for the criminal issues regardless.

A recruiter may wander in here eventually and give you more Intel, but based on what I know and what I've seen here, I don't believe the facts stated above are going to significantly change.

Probation for minor traffic offenses? You mean like beating someone to death after a case of road rage?

What kind of minor traffic offense lands someone on probation in FL?

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Probation for minor traffic offenses? You mean like beating someone to death after a case of road rage?

What kind of minor traffic offense lands someone on probation in FL?

Well I guess I wrote it wrong.... a friend of mine career recruiter just told me that the only types of probation that is writeable are minor traffic fines and things of that sort... I just moved here to Florida, I have no clue what the laws are. He's in NC

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    ... I just moved here to Florida, I have no clue what the laws are.
    You work for the insurance company Geico....ask that freaken lizard.

I thought all insurance people knew the points and law systems regardless of state.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    You work for the insurance company Geico....ask that freaken lizard.

I thought all insurance people knew the points and law systems regardless of state.
    LOL SSgt, I know right? However, I am only a field adjuster. I look at damaged cars and issue payments, write supplemental checks, and deny claims on occasion. It gets interesting at times...

Why would you want to trade your life to start over from scratch? Seems like you got a good thing going. If I were you I'd live my life and be happy with it, instead of starting over on the unknown at such an old age (old in military years that is).

Oh, and +2 points for being from Louisiana. -1 for not being from southern Louisiana.

Why r u trying to get someone who wants to be a MARINE try to become a soldier.....? You have no idea how good of a MARINE and how dedicated I would be..... I have nothing against the Army... nothing at all, But I'd rather be respected as a MARINE and have the heritage and tradition that follows...I am aware that the Army has a longer history, I want to be part of a Brotherhood that lasts for my entire life and my family's entire future when I'm gone.... That my friend, will come from being a MARINE...... You all should know more than me.... most of you are already Marines..... Now back to providing a future Marine with some guidance... thank you
    The military and or USMC is not for everyone. Besides you don't receive respect in life by association, you earned it by actions, be what you are and be the best at it. Good Luck.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL SSgt, I know right? However, I am only a field adjuster. I look at damaged cars and issue payments, write supplemental checks, and deny claims on occasion. It gets interesting at times...
    You work for Geiko??? No wonder you Posted in my Thread "What Kind of Vehicles do you Drive?"

I hope you didn't Register on this Site Looking for Buisness.
    Things are starting to add up now.
    Let me be very clear and tell you that us Marines here are very HYPER-VIGILENTE and will pick apart every word you say and analize it over and over and over again.

Choose your words wisely

Thread Information