My boy is coming home - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    MOM...you, and your Son have my COMPLETE support. Prayers out to you both for a peaceful transition.....Doc Greek

Thank you DocGreek. We will need all of the prayers we can get.

Let us know when he's home, Mom.

I talked to my son last night and he will be coming home tomorrow night. He sounds really good compared to what I thought. He is glad to be coming home even though it's not under the best of circumstances.

Thank you all so much for the support over the last year and especially this last week. I had a very difficult time at first with his decision to join the Marines over a year ago. I learned about this website and others very early on. Thanks to you all and the recruiters and support group here I learned a lot very early on and was very supportive of his decision the whole time. I think this last week has been much more difficult than at first. Because I was able to "talk" to you about it, things were much easier than they would have been otherwise. Thank you again and I will always be grateful for your service and your support of a worried Mom at a very difficult time.

did you ever mention what was wrong with him?

It's a medical condition that flaired up during boot camp. He doesn't want to talk about it but it isn't anything serious. He was told that he will be able to reenlist with a waiver in two years which is what the recruiter told me.

is it from skeletal in nature or some kind of internal medicine kind of condition?

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    is it from skeletal in nature or some kind of internal medicine kind of condition?

Give it a rest SSGT.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    Need to know...........

I really don't want to say what the problem is in case he reads this message board in the future. It's something that he doesn't want to talk about. He is fine and will be home tonight. He can take care of the problem and reenlist in two years but at this point he said that he doesn't want to. I know that a lot can change in two years but, whatever his decision, it will be fine with me. He misses his family terribly and I don't think he was prepared for that so he is very happy to be coming home.

Thank you all again for your input on this situation and for all of the advice over the last year. I wish there was something that I could do for all of you. I have talked to our local Marine family support group and my husband and I plan to continue to help and be supportive. I know that is not for you directly but we will be helping Marines and future Marines. It's not nearly enough considering the benefits that we have received from this website as well as the local support group and recruiters.

I understand.

as for the other two posts... keeping it generalized to the two types of possible issues does not give away the problem, only lets us know the type in it's most general form.

LHMH... Hope he changes his mind.

Thank you for understanding. I think after some time passes he will be able to think more objectively about everything and he may change his mind. If he does, he knows exactly what to expect and where his weekness is so I have all of the confidence in the world that he would make it. But if he doesn't change his mind, he will go to college and I'm sure will be very successful in whatever he chooses to do. He is very smart and can do anything that he wants. I just hope he chooses wisely!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    LHMHMOM-
    It's good to hear that now you know what is going on and that your son will be coming home to an area of support and, can I say, healing? I followed this post from the get-go because, as mentioned before, I was in similiar shoes as your son..though not quite. My termination was due more from physical/pulmonary symptoms etc.
    I am duly impressed at how the members of this website rallied around your questions with tough and undestanding questions of their own. From what I see, you picked a very good website to ask your questions and voice your concerns. I hope that when your son arrives home an honest and open dialog between the both of you nurtures and grows. It's a good time to be positive. All the best.
    Gary

Thank you Gary. Yes, the Marines on this site are amazing. I don't know how I would have gotten through this past week without them. I love reading all of the threads even if it has nothing to do with me or my son. Especially the ones where they are giving poolees a hard time!! I guess that had to stop when they were "banned" from the poolee forum, haha. I'm so addicted I will continue to read even though we won't be a Marine family.

My son has called me three times in the past two days. We talk for about 30 minutes each time about movies, college, family, etc. When he is allowed to use the phone it's my cell phone that he calls. It just so happens that no one else is around when he calls so I have had him all to myself. It makes me feel really good that he wants to talk to me and I feel like we will have a very different relationship than we did when he left. I think in time he will share with me everything that happened. He tells me a little more each time we talk. But I won't press him, he will tell me when and if he's ready. I just want to get him back and help him figure out what comes next.

Just 12 hours and 40 minutes until I have my boy in my arms!!!

You won't be a Marine family... yet. Seen some non-hackers and medical discharges come back to the island for a second go round. Some of them even made it. Good inspirational story in there somewhere.

Anyways, don't let him close off the rest of the world and don't let him jack up his credit. For the love of God don't let him jack up his credit. Just remember that he made the journey, stood on the yellow footprints and gave it a shot unlike over 90% of America.

No one can ever take that away from him; but if he wants to try again he'll have to dot his i's, cross his t's and mind his p's and q's. Since he's already learned some of the Core values they'll expect him to follow suit and live his life accordingly.

Don't be surprised if he opens the hatch for you... a lot.

Thread Information