.. a bit more than you want to know - Agent Orange
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

.. a bit more than you want to know - Agent Orange

This needs to get distributed to all Vietnam era veterans who are having problems with finding evidence for their claims.

In skimming down through this I just couldn't help but to stop on page 11, section 3 where it refers to the damage of crops in the area of a Catholic church ... "This damage was probably caused by fumes from empty drums of Agent Orange which were stored less than 20 feet from damaged plants". I guess I never cease to be amazed at little fragments of things that were noticed, witnessed & recorded so long ago but yet still denied today.

This is a must read about Agent Orange, Blue and White. I read it and learned more then I wanted to know.

Some of us flew the defoliant mission in our CH 46's up north; others in various helicopters in various locations. Many of our aircrews were exposed to the defoliant due to the "blow-back" in the helicopters. CH 46 pilots could lessen the draft by closing the cockpit side windows, thus reducing/eliminating the flow thru the cockpit. I'm sure that there were a number of areas sprayed in which no one was aware that some US ground forces were there/on the move thru the area.

While this is not the greatest read, it should be of interest to those of us who were there and participated in the defoliation mission. I am posting this in hopes that someone may be able to use the contents is securing treatment from the effects of the defoliants and to provide a time line for when the defoliants were in use and at what locations. While not all inclusive, someone may benefit from this information.

We had no windows in our birds in '66 & '67.

Attached Files Attached Files

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks BigAl...I will be looking this over immediately. I've yet to have an AO physical and this may get my arse in gear

Semper Fi

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Drop Oranges On The V.a.!!!

......I had a physical, and confrontation with a Phy. Ass. 6 years ago about Agent "O", at the V.A. Told me that NO Orange was used in I Corps, and I wouldn't be getting ANY compensation for it!!! Nasty SOB...finally moved his azz to another clinic....LAST YEAR!! IF....I live to my 65th B-Day, I'll send that azzhole a dozen BLACK ROSES!!!.....DOC

My dad is in the process now. They are asking for evidence that he was exposed. He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Isn't prostate cancer linked to agent orange? It seems they try to make it hard to get compensation because most people will just give up.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash2053 View Post
    My dad is in the process now. They are asking for evidence that he was exposed. He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Isn't prostate cancer linked to agent orange? It seems they try to make it hard to get compensation because most people will just give up.
    Yes it is linked to AO....and yes, the "proverbial they" always make it difficult to be compensated. Best of luck to your dad and I hope he fights for his rights ...ironic how we have to fight for what we fought for

Semper Fi

I was in I corp in Nam I am Dibetic they Okd my claim took about two weeks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    when the army went into cambodia....we were pulled out of the bush for back up if thigs got a little to hot for them.....they put us on a hill where they were putting guns for suport fire....they had just landed a cat to level out the top...all the veg. was dead and brown....we built bunkers and filled sandbags we slept in it and ate in it....for a week....it had to be AO to kill all that jungle grouth ...was nothing green sept us...and that was a dirty green

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Became Diabetic type II in 04 now I have more growths coming out on my body they kinda look like a suction cup, smells bad like dead flesh, and more lumps and bumps. All the VA gives me is cream for that suction looking thing, when I say its AO they look at me as I am speaking a different language. The VA Today, have no glue what AO is these days, at least in my city they don't.

Credits
    Savings
    Did You Know?

I had a physical, and confrontation with a Phy. Ass. 6 years ago about Agent "O", at the V.A. Told me that NO Orange was used in I Corps, and I wouldn't be getting ANY compensation for it
    DaNang Air Base: I can't remember the exact date (Sept.-Nov. 65). The air base depot/ammo dump, was hit with motors. One of the items stored here was 55gal. drums of AO. Many of these were hit. This is how so much got into the water supply of the DaNang wells.

This means you were drinking AO after this. It was in the Kool-aid, the powdered eggs, the water the rice was cooked in, you bathed in it, brushed your teeth with it, and washed your clothes in it. It went to all Fire Bases and surrounding units!

So WTF, no AO used in I Corps!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I got my AO eval at the VA Clinic in Daytona Beach, the evaluator told me that it didn't matter where you were at in Vietnam, you were considered exposed. Diabetes in Vietnam veterans was automatically considered AO related. So are some other problems.

The only "proof" of AO exposure should be your DD-214 showing your combat service in Vietnam. I was told to bring mine along for the AO eval.

Fortunately, I know my AO exposure was minimal compared to many other guys and I was in good physical condition overall. My only complaints were arthritis in knees and lower back.

But the evaluator said that all VN vets should get evaluated and put on the registry in case things start to go south health-wise. Then you're already on the list with all the VN service "proof" you should need.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Became Diabetic type II in 04 now I have more growths coming out on my body they kinda look like a suction cup, smells bad like dead flesh, and more lumps and bumps. All the VA gives me is cream for that suction looking thing, when I say its AO they look at me as I am speaking a different language. The VA Today, have no glue what AO is these days, at least in my city they don't.

Are you in the VFW, American Legion, DAV? If so, contact your post service officer and he should be able to hook you up with the right person at the VA Hospital or clinic nearest you. If you are NOT a member of those organizations, they will still help you.

Alternatively, the major vets organizations (the three mentioned above) also maintain service officers at VA Hospitals. You can call them there for info.

If you have Type II Diabetes and are a VN vet, it's an automatic AO related illness and you are qualified for a disability claim.

Usually the AO evaluators are Physicians Assistants or Nurse Practitioners who will do a full physical exam. I had blood drawn, wee-wee test, and ECG, and a chest x-ray. I had a very nice lady NP who was super helpful and informative (and even warmed the stethoscope first). So not all VA medical people are ignorant or unhelpful.

Actually, I'm rather impressed with the Daytona Beach Clinic and have generally had good experiences at the Gainesville VA Hospital (even though my ex works there).

Thread Information