Question... Explosive Ordnance Disposal - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The hurt locker was the most unrealistic movie. Im a tech and there was nothing in that movie that was remotely close to what we do. I brought that movie in a few months back and we all watched and laughed at how ****ing stupid it was. Dont base your interest of the job off that movie.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    PFC slug... do you mean to say contract or are you really thinking that you can lat move into EOD as a PFC/LCpl at the end of this next deployment?

Jake... I'm glad you're asking better questions that have to do with your first enlistment. The games I was referring to are the ones that they play in boot camp... they continue for quite some time until you prove yourself in the 03 field. If you go in knowing it's not a rose garden then you should be fine... don't think it'll be a 9 to 5 job in the grunts.
    Well, proving myself is part of the reason I want to become a Marine. It's going to be tough, and I know that. But it's really what I want to do. And I'm going to do it. It may suck at first being a grunt, but if I do my best at it and it gets me to EOD, or sniper school (another one I was looking at) then I'll be happy.
    Thanks for all your replies. It's really helped

Quote Originally Posted by cake96861 View Post
    The hurt locker was the most unrealistic movie. Im a tech and there was nothing in that movie that was remotely close to what we do. I brought that movie in a few months back and we all watched and laughed at how ****ing stupid it was. Dont base your interest of the job off that movie.
    I figured it would have been kind of far off, because its a movie. But what the movie DID do was show me a field in the military I didn't know about.
    How exactly is being an actual EOD tech different than in the movie?

hey jake i think i saw you in another forum but check this out. first all these people answering your questions are not EOD techs and the majority are giving you some terrible gouge. especially that life expectancy crap. i have 4 tours and am in one piece. there are FAR more engineers killing themselves and getting killed. anyway the reqirements are: age 21/ nco/ gt of110+/ first class pft/ clean page11..etc/ not colorblind/ not claustraphobic/ interview/ and indoc. if you have more questions let me know. dont listen to 3rd party ignorant horror stories.

there seems to be a serious weekening in the warrior mentality. peoples first thoughts seem to go to their own demize and not to their warrior ethos. a week society does this and it brings me to tears.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    thank you for the reply. I sent you a PM

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeT13 View Post
    Is there a certain mos that would be a good idea to sign up with that would make it easier to make the lat move into EOD? Like infantry? engineering? I wasn't quite sure, so I thought I would ask..
    Thanks in advance for your replies...
    Duh! How about Ordnance? Why does ANYBODY want to work on the Ground side anyway? Swing with the Wing baby! Go for the 6500 field (if Ordies are still 65).

ha! MT is the best...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You wish! There ain't no thrill in MT unless you worry about being run over. LOL!

... you have no idea what you're missing in MT....

damn this flood control!!!!!

damn!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Duh! How about Ordnance? Why does ANYBODY want to work on the Ground side anyway? Swing with the Wing baby! Go for the 6500 field (if Ordies are still 65).
    They are still 65xx. And yes, they are still the "1...2...3...LIFT!" crew.

Thread Information