Boot Camp?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot Camp?

Boot Camp?

hey i leave for basic july 13th and i know its going to be hell but i was wondering if anyone had any tips that could help somebody through? For example how to deal with the di's

Recruit training or, if you must, boot camp.

The army goes to basic.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dep11191 View Post
    hey i leave for basic july 13th and i know its going to be hell but i was wondering if anyone had any tips that could help somebody through? For example how to deal with the di's

You gotta wing it. No plan survives first contact with the enemy. Follow instructions, sound off loudly, move fast. Maybe they won't notice you - for five minutes or so.

There is no "dealing WITH" drill instructors. It is "SURVIVING" drill instructors that is important.

sorry corpral i didn't know that. look i learned something new today!

yea I just talked to a couple of marines who just got back from recruit training and they said nothing will prepare you . they said to go in knowing the general orders and rank structure to make the learning part easier

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yea I just talked to a couple of marines who just got back from recruit training and they said nothing will prepare you . they said to go in knowing the general orders and rank structure to make the learning part easier
    They gave you good advice. That and make sure you're in shape.

yea Im 6ft I weigh 208 im doing 12 pull-ups i run the 1.5 in 10min and im doing 90 crunches in 2 min. so im in decent shape

yea Im 6ft I weigh 208 im doing 12 pull-ups i run the 1.5 in 10min and im doing 90 crunches in 2 min. so im in decent shape
    Keep working on those pullups and your crunches should be nothing to get up to 100 in 2 minutes.... Oh and don't try to kill yourself during recruit training, as long as you don't do that you should be good =]

thanks

Boot Camp is truly 90% Mental. When you first get there, you'll say to yourself, "what in the hell did I sign up for?!" After you adjust to the environment and the screaming, it actually becomes easier and you get used to it. I spent 4.5 months there, due to a stop at MRP to heal from an injury. If I can do it, you can too.

Good luck to you and hope to see you come back on these forums as a Marine.

Smile

If I could go back and prepare for bootcamp again, I would've stopped drinking so much coffee and soda. The cafeine withdrawal sucked.
    I also would've started getting up sooner to get used to the early mornings. But yeah, other than little stuff like that, it's kinda hard to pinpoint how to prepare for PI. There's nothing like it.

yea the biggest thing for me is i like to take my time on everything i do And i know thats not going to fly at parris island

[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15
    Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!
    Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

Also....it's Drill Instructors to you.......not DI's.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    [Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15
    Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!
    Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

Also....it's Drill Instructors to you.......not DI's.
    Practice what you preach.

Quote Originally Posted by killbodies3027 View Post
    Practice what you preach.
    Do you mind explaining.......

=========================================

I was correcting dep11191 on capitalizing Marines in a prior post of his, and also correcting him on his sentence structure. A previous post of his had no periods to break up the sentences.

Thread Information