Question about Reserve Units in Florida
Create Post

Question about Reserve Units in Florida

Quick question for you all.

I've been talking to quite a bit of people so far about this and had no luck with answers. I tried calling reserve units personally and no one seems like they want to answer a phone. So I'm curious to see if anyone just knows off the top of their head my question.

I'm looking at being a Marine Corps reservist until I finish my degree and my MOS as 5819 or 5821 (criminal investigation or MP investigation)

But my question is, do any of you know any Reserve units in Florida that would have those fields available? Or who I would need to call that can actually answer a phone lol.

And I apologize ahead if this has been asked, I really do appreciate however any advice at all that you can give me.

Thanks again!!

A Marine Corps Recruiter will have the latest and greatest on what MOS' are available at what reserve units. Once in contact with your recruiter, your recruiter can even take you to the reserve center to meet the I&I Staff there and you can ask all your questions.

Good Luck.

First check with your Recruiter to see about MP Reserve units in florida. Second, you can not be a 5819 or 5821 until you are a Cpl. 5819 is a secondary MOS, your primary MOS would be 5811(MP). If you are selected as 5821(Criminal Investigator) then that MOS is your primary. If you have further questions contact me. Look at my screen name, that should tell ya something.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINECID View Post
    First check with your Recruiter to see about MP Reserve units in florida. Second, you can not be a 5819 or 5821 until you are a Cpl. 5819 is a secondary MOS, your primary MOS would be 5811(MP). If you are selected as 5821(Criminal Investigator) then that MOS is your primary. If you have further questions contact me. Look at my screen name, that should tell ya something.

I sure will give them a call!! Gotcha, I guess I missunderstood what my recruiter had told me. Thanks again for the advice!!

-Michelle

quick update

I called my local Florida recruit office and explained my situation. He said that he didn't have that information available for reserve units for my MOS but once I get back in town to go in the office and see if things have changed regarding whether there is an opening or not.

So we'll see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by MARINECID View Post

hey gunny, I just read in the MC times that they are completely restructuring the MP field... it was confusing as hell to me because they were saying something or other about jurisdiction and provests marshall and things I've never had to deal with before (no accident investigations yet...thank god) so, if you've read the article can you clarify?

Semer Fi

http://www.marforres.usmc.mil/Units/FL.asp

There, that will tell you which units do what in Florida. As what I can see from Tampa, they focus on AAV's.

where was that article Ssgt? couldn't find anything on there website. i'd like to see what they have planned,there probably just going to continue to civilianize the garrison units to put more MP's in field units, I hate being in a garrison unit.

yeah, they said they will continue that... something they started a few years ago I guess... now they are standing up MP companies in the MAWs... self sufficient "line" companies with specialized infantry training and what not.

good. the sooner I get to a Field Unit,the happier I'll be.until then I'll keep busting grunts for trying to hide drugs in there wall lockers :P

Does anybody know how many boat spaces there are for the 5821 MOS? I am really hoping to climb aboard as soon as possible. I just need a few more weeks to make weight. Also, does anybody know if lat moving from reserve artillery to active CID is going to be an issue? I am an NCO, combat veteran with MP experience (deployed for 1 year as Task Force Military Police) and a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and no criminal record. Hopefully I fit the bill. Thanks.

Almost forgot, does the 5821 MOS exist in the SMCR?

Thread Information