Allowed to where USMC gear before graduation/boot camp? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    lol,picture somebody on COPS wearing the shirt getting arrested while drunk and yelling curse words.
    I've seen that once, made me cringe just watching it. The guy was begging the Cops not to arrest him because it would disqualify him from joining, it was embarrassing.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    This is a MARINE forum not the annoying little weed whacker scooter forum....if you want to call the Corporal the above on that forum and he is willing then that is cyberspace fair game.

However this being the said above Marine forum...ALL Marines regardless of rank,TIS and affiliation to anybody that personally knows them has earned the title of Marine and deserves the respect as such!

If you want to address the Cpl in this manner take it over to the weed whacker forum...those annoying little things that aggravate the pure shiat out of me a 0545 every morning from some kid going to school or work!
    Aye, Sir!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Aye, Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I've seen that once, made me cringe just watching it. The guy was begging the Cops not to arrest him because it would disqualify him from joining, it was embarrassing.
    I saw an episode of Cops where the guy gets busted with drugs in his car and they pull him out and what's he wearing? A "COPS" shirt!

Another episode had a guy get arrested for a warrant on a traffic stop and he was wearing a "I don't look for trouble, trouble finds me" shirt.

Talk about irony!

My opinion is like a lot of other Marines. It is like supporting your favorite sports team. Just act accordingly when wearing anything that referrences the Marine Corps.

As for the title of this thread..... it is WEAR..... not where.

Here's a tip; make sure you wear a "moto t-shirt" when you leave for boot camp. The Drill Instructors like when you are wearing something that says "Devil Dog" on it as you are getting off the bus.

Hey...you do that and it is guaranteed that you will be in shape within the first few days..

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve0231 View Post
    Here's a tip; make sure you wear a "moto t-shirt" when you leave for boot camp. The Drill Instructors like when you are wearing something that says "Devil Dog" on it as you are getting off the bus.

Hey...you do that and it is guaranteed that you will be in shape within the first few days..
    Maybe I should wear a smokey too?

I'll take a pass on setting myself up to be murdered by the DI's!!! HAH!

Remember to reply with a crisp "Yes, Drill Sergeant" to everything.

Or you can armyiz it and say "Yes Drilll Serrrrgeaaant!" with no volume.

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    Or you can armyiz it and say "Yes Drilll Serrrrgeaaant!" with no volume.
    Don't forget the lisp. God help you if you forget to lisp.

Private... did I ask you for volume?

I want you to whisper at me as hard as you can!

HAHA, talk about irony. Ask Mr. Hartford about his first MEPS experience...and which branch it was for

And, look up fraternization. While its an online forum and fraternization is not applicable at all to this situation (I flirt with brand new female PFCs all the time in PM ) its still in a good habit to get used to doing things our way. Like the SSgt said, if I saw you out on the left coast and we hung out I'd be Matt. But when your boot ass is in the fleet and you run into me and we're at work/in uniform I'm a corporal.

The other branches are pretty informal. I.E. if you're off work you're on a first name basis, even if its a lieutenant and an E3. But not the Marine Corps. The only place I'm not a corporal at is Waikiki. There my name is Kaveka and I chill with my local homies... but no Marines.

And what freaking PM are you talking about? Jerkface? You realize i've been on leave right? Home. Chilling. I know you saw the pictures so shut the hell up and let me enjoy the wonders of a woman's warmth!

Credits
    Savings
    Corporal,

Just saw the pictures. Congratulations, she looks like a keeper! Cute AND she shoots? Epic win. Have fun.

Poolee,

Eat a dick. Have fun.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Poolee,

Eat a dick. Have fun.

Corporal,

I do not even rate Poolee yet. Give me (read: MEPS) about two more weeks to sort some things out.

Thread Information